Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

Got Upitt interview today…YES :smiley:

Got Upitt interview…?
March 18 to 22 interview dates.

@sajju786 and @bamd Congratulations !!!

@Dreamingteen3221 @rk2017

Agree with @rk2017
PSU/Jeff has one of the liberal policies among BS/MD programs.
They are very accommodating and you get 3 chances for your MCAT.

One of the reasons, PSU/Jeff may have increased the intake is that the overall number of students at Jeff has increased - Jeff had received permission to increases the student size, I believe, about 2 years ago.

Why do you ask? Have you heard to the contrary?

@mywish4u
They are very similar.

LECOM: Assuming main campus, you get option of 3 learning pathways. This is a big advantage to students who learn differently. You do NOT have to chose lecture-style learning pathway.

Match rates: LECOM has >99% match rate in the past 4 years vs NOVA which has had 92-97% match rate in the same period.
LECOM matches appear to be more spread-out i.e. to more specialties than NOVA.

I have heard about mandatory attendances at LECOM.

It may boil down to how your DS/DD feels about the colleges.

@sajju786, @bamd, @whitecane
Congratulations !!!

@mywish4u

You may want to check out these threads (if you have NOT done so already):

NOVA:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/2049157-nova-southeastern-nsu-7-year-bs-do-2018.html

LECOM:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1882989-lecom-bs-do.html

@NoviceDad … Thank you !!!

Congrats @bamd @sajju786 @whitecane

I GOT A GAP INTERVIEW WITH PITT!!

@clapadap Thank you!!!
And Congratulations to @ mk1901

What is the format of interviews at Upitt are they MMIs or Traditional?

@sajju786, @bamd, @whitecane, @mk1901,

Wow, that’s awesome! =D>

As someone hinted, looks like Pitt folks may have been eavesdropping on this forum for last couple of years and finally decided to mend their ways :)) Good for them, they have been missing out on so many wonderful kids because of their rigidity. Hardly remember anyone getting in there last few cycles.

Good luck to all with your interviews. Hoping there will be lot many acceptances to Pitt this time around and going forward!

Congrates to all UPitt interview recipients.
@rk2017 you just flipped so fast for UPitt XX XX

@PPofEngrDr, that’s fine and explainable! I appreciate any positive change, but wasn’t expecting it though from Pitt. Check last year’s and prior posts around this time of the cycle and you will understand what I meant.

@rk2017 agree with overall sentiment, more +ve news are being reported this year.

Thank you guys ! @rk2017 and @PPofEngrDr.What is the format of interviews at Upitt are they MMIs or Traditional? Today is absolutely a fantastic day for us as we were not expecting this from Pitt…we almost narrowed it down to UMKC and VCU.Still cant stop smiling…?

Got the upitt interview today

@sajju786, @bamd, @whitecane, @mk1901, @trustybsms Congratulations!!

I was wondering you guys all have some kind of research as EC ?

Thank you and congratulations to everyone who got interview notifications…