Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

No problem @NoviceDad …we are just patiently waiting to hear from them …interview or rejection

Does anyone know about Rutgers NB/RWJMS 4+4 program? I did some search and it seems like a new program, started in 2018. No MCAT but an interview at junior year is required though.

NJMS updates anyone?

@Bsmd2019 My D interviewed at NJMS last week. AFAIK…the interviews are still happening. Her application was forwarded by Drew. Caldwell and NJIT

@zsxBSMD2019
According to previous year posts, AMC sends out acceptances (with rejections and deferrals) once in mid February and then final results in round 2 by first week of April.

@medgirl6, thank you so much! My DD only appllied to TCNJ/NJMS no other feeder school or any bsmd programs.

@CaDad2019 : Thank you & Congrats & Good Luck ! We have not received anything yet !

We applied through TCNJ/NJMS. No other feeder school. We got an interview yesterday evening for dates to choose in March first 3 weeks.

@Bsmd2019

We applied through TCNJ/NJMS. No other feeder school. We got NJMS interview yesterday evening for dates to choose in March first 3 weeks. We had our TCNJ Interview in January.

hi! does anybody have any insight on the HPME interview or what the day is like?

@TechGuy70, thank you so much for your update. Congrats and good luck on your interview!

Got rejection from Union/AMC post interview last week. Very odd at interviewer told me in an email that I was pretty much in.

Have 4-5 other interviews and great undergrad offers so not too worried.

@medgirl6. Congratulation for the invite!

My DD had interview with TCNJ a few weeks back and is still waiting for NJMS invite. How was your experience with NJMS?

I was just wondering. Do you think that people who get interviewed but are rejected from HPME get accepted as a regular undergrad at NU?

@OldSchoolMD My D was mentioning that some of her friends mentioned that they got rejection… i am not sure how accurate the info is…but NU will keep sending invites till the end of this month…

@Bsmd2019 It started in 2018 at RU NB… but it is by invitation only for Presidential scholars… they wont be able to take part in BAMD 7 yr program which is available for sophomore students…

@Bsmd2019,

Yes, Rutgers/RWJ is a brand new program. I think the intake is only around 10 students. It may not be guaranteed though considering the interview in junior year. You need to find out more about that and get a sense of whether it is going to be more of a formality (assuming you have met all their requirements) or not.

Robert Wood Johnson is a darn good medical school. I remember someone in last cycle getting into the program. You may want to check that Results thread and private message him (after you exceed the count of 15 posts) to get more first hand information.

@MWapplicant NU had asked all applicants to let them know by Feb 1st if someone that was potentially rejected by HPME was interested in their regular undergrad

@MWapplicant , what days were you given as options for your HPME interview ?

@medgirl6 When were you notified by Caldwell that your application was forwarded to NJMS?