Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

thank you

@bamd and @NoviceDad
Thank you!

@hoop897 - congratulations on VCU acceptance!

FAU Decisions are out - Acceptance!!!

Congrats @BigMan1234

@101study101 , I believe Sophie Davis interviews are sent in a rolling fashion. My DS attend interview in 2nd week of feb. But I am not sure if they are done sending interviews or not.

Congratulations @BigMan1234

@hoop897 - Congratulations on VCU acceptance!

@bsmdadmit

They said to expect FAU decisions to be sent out by this Friday, but if not by then, expect it to be out within ~1.5 weeks.

Does anyone know the MCAT score required to matriculate into NJMS from the feeder schools? I looked, and it says that students need to “receive a competitive score (as determined by the medical school) on the MCAT.”

@BigMan1234 Did anyone reach out to you after the interview asking for national merit finalist status?

@anthonydavis Yes. I got it today.

Does anyone know if Penn State/Jefferson BD/MD program give any scholarships to a national merit finalist (NMF) ? especially if the candidate does not qualify for need based aid…Like BU gives 20k per year to a NMF candidate

I meant Penn State/Jefferson BS/MD program

Thank you @bamd , @NoviceDad , @sunflower406 ,@OldSchoolMD.

@sunflower406 I believe Penn state gives $2000 a year for national merit finalists

@SBSapphire Class of 2022 had a mean MCAT score of 513. Class of 2019 had mean of 33.5 (which also translates to around 513-514 on the new MCAT). As far as I know, it hovers around there, but there would be some fluctuation in application classes and years. NJMS says, “We do not have any minimum requirements,” so take that as you will.

Thanks @OVOGang

Thanks @redcloud17

My DS has not heard anything from NJMS so far.
Anyone recently got invited from NJMS through NJIT feeder?