Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@SBSapphire I believe NJMS is done sending out invites.

Does Quinnipiac has BS/MD program?

@dd0106 No. I was talking about their undergrad. I wish they did.

Did OU send interview notifications to the OU email account or psersonal email account?

@gallentjill,

Thanks for sharing some of the straight forward school names. Personally we were prepared to opt for state school traditional route if things didnā€™t work out with these programs.

I didnā€™t mean to sound too cynical about all these fancy schools. They do have the benefit of brand names, so if things donā€™t work out with medicine, students can leverage the brand name to choose something else. One has to evaluate though if it is worth spending a quarter million for that reason and it is very much a personal choice.

Also one has to keep in mind, going to some of these fancy schools itself can kill the prospects of going to medicine and so one should be fine with that too.

@bamd If not mistaken, OU notification is to your personal email given in the application. Few folks informed last week itself, they received notifications. Search this thread with ā€˜OUā€™.

Stony brook said they sent out interview invites today

Is the Stony brook interview invites by Email?

I guess. Can anyone chime in with the interview stats for stony brook. How many apps? How many interview invites? How many offered acceptances? Etc.

Got SUNY Stony Brook interview. Dates given are 25th, 26th and 27th. Came through e-mail from WISE program coordinator for us.

Does Stony Brook send interviews before handing out Honors decisions? Are Honors decisions out?

@GoldenRock - thank you

@TechGuy70 - Congratulations on SUNY Stonybrook interview.

W&J/Temple interview invites are out- the interview day is March 26

It is sad some of these programs are having overlap on the same date. OU, Stonybrook and Temple are having so much overlap. I know OU dates are fixed. Not sure other programs have flexibility if students got invited to many on the same day.

@BarkLouder, @MaMaTEN - Can you PM with MMI tips and info regarding Upstate program.

@diaash Do you know if all Stony Brook invites were sent out today? Will they send rejection emails to people who didnā€™t get interviews? (Only asking bc my D didnā€™t get anything from them)

@bamd Thank you.

@medgirl6 , when I spoke to them yesterday , they said interviews were already scheduled and if anyone has not heard from them means they were not selected . I guess they are like BU .

Got the Stony Brook rejection letter my mail for the interview. ;))