Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@Nansand

An interview is required for VCU GMED program. Shortlisted students will be notified in Jan. I think VCU uses MMI format for interview.

I was accepted as an undergraduate student for VcU. I submitted the common app and gmed app yst I have not heard from the honors college. I double checked the website and all they say is that the common app and gmed app os is required. Did I have to fill out a 3rd application for honors college acceptance?

@ZacharyGelfond

In addition to commonapp, If you submitted the VCU honors app which includes LOR’s sent directly etc. you covered it all. No other application is required. You must be first accepted to the honors program before considered for GMED interview.

@GoldenStateDad Do you know how people are informed for honors college acceptances? I havent been accepted yet

@ZacharyGelfond

VCU sent the notifications by snail mail (regular postal). looks like they sent them just before the school closed for winter break. If you did not receive it, give it a few more days as postal services are delayed due to holidays. Also, VCU might not have mailed them all. If you do not receive it by Jan 04, I suggest calling them. Note that you have to call Honors college representative as AO from UG admissions will not have access to honors app status.

Thank you for your help, I was worried.

Any information about when results are released for GW’s bs/md program? Also, what information has been received regarding SBU’s program with GW med?

@GoldenStateDad For RPI, you can get merit scholarship without filing CSS. DD got $18k/yr without a CSS profile. The chances for BU BSMD merit scholarship are very slim for anyone.

@grtd2010

Thank you. I looked at CSS and it’s asking a lot of details which I am not sure if I would like to provide, especially, knowing we do not qualify for need-based.

Reg BU, Just an FYI…my DS did not take foreign lang SAT as recommended by BU and he received an interview invite. He did take Chem and Math though.

@GoldenstateDad For BU, Chemistry is one of the two required subject SAT. Did not file CSS for any school.

For CWRU is it beneficial to apply for CSS? I did because I thought it was a requirement for financial aid consideration and I’m not sure if it will provide merit scholarship though. Btw, thanks for the information everyone! I am also new to the forum and appreciate the feedback.

@GoldenStateDad, Can i ask you the stats of your DS if i may? thanks,

No, it is not required to file CSS for merit scholarship at CWRU. The merit scholarship from CWRU ranges from 25-30k+.

Do you guys think Chemistry SAT score 770 is little low for BU???

@hoop897 If you got an interview, do your best as it may compensate for any lower stats compared to others.

Thx @grtd2010

for VCU, my honors college portal has a transfer application button on the top. Should I assume I didn’t get in? Do they send out rejection letters?

@HELP2018

No, I do not think so. The VCU portal just has few options/buttons for transfer student app, app that you started, apps that you submitted, along with your previous applications. Just give it some more time as I noted earlier.

@GoldenStateDad Thanks!

Does anyone have recommendations related to the Sophie Davis Biomedical program essays and application?