Thread for BSMD Applicants 2019

@GoldenStateDad - thank you, I received Upitt undergrad admission in snail mail and no email about it. Also will NJIT send supplemental applications?

UAB emails are out. My DS received an interview invite. Good luck to everyone!

@GoldenStateDad UAB EMSAP emails, because at that time i recieved only an email from UAB undergrad admissions. Do they send an email to only interviews or also if you were rejected?

@123w321

We just received an email for UAB EMSAP interview, totally unexpected. Total 300 applied, 36 are invited for interviews to fill 10 spots. We are OOS.

@GoldenStateDad I know you said that earlier, but I am wondering do they send these out in batches and also do they inform you both if you did or did not recieve UAB EMSAP interview?

@123wz321

I thought you asked if it was UG confirmation or interview. I do not know answers to your questions. However, I can tell you that the interviews are conducted on one day only (no rescheduling is possible) and the finalists are declared in a weeks time after the interview. This year interview is on Jan 25.

@GoldenStateDad does your UAB EMSAP application have anything different on it now that you have received interview email?

The Communication tab under Status tab has a link to the interview invite email. Good luck!

@GoldenStateDad are u OOS, if so which one?

Golden State :slight_smile:
aka CA

@123wz321 Wait is over for UAB. rejection email came.

We appreciate your application to EMSAP at UAB and found your credentials very impressive. Unfortunately, you were not selected for an on-campus interview. Competition reached new levels this year, with nearly 300 highly-qualified applicants for our 10 EMSAP spots. Please do not let this outcome impact your interest in UAB, as we prepare our undergraduates significantly for careers in the medical and dental fields. In fact, most students who are accepted into the UAB School of Medicine, UAB School of Dentistry, or UAB School of Optometry were not enrolled in an EMSAP program.

@DSOF20192023 probably due to application error? Surely you will get into other BSMDs. Im still waiting for UAB Email and hoping i am selected for interview!

@GoldenStateDad Congratulations on clean sweep :slight_smile:

@123wz321 You said you havenā€™t received an email from UAB yet, right? I havenā€™t gotten an invitation to interview or a rejection, but the communications tab in the portal does not show a link to the interview email either. Anyone else still waiting on word from UAB?

@vmt1975

Thank you. my DS is blessed to get all four interviews so far. But it also means, 2 weeks of missed school and I have to cancel airline tickets twice so far (bought without insurance). So, it is not too bad not to get one interview. as t means less school missed.

Congratulations @GoldenStateDad!! Celebrateā€¦

didnt get in UAB EMSAP, have no idea what BSMDs are looking for at this point

@GoldenStateDad i dont know what you are saying. school doesnt matter that much anymore, the more interviews = higher bsmd chance = better future

@123xz321

You are correct. It was meant to be a positive side of not getting an interview and something I would tell my DS.
Good luck with other programs that you applied to. Remember, all you need is one good acceptance.

Congratulations GoldenStateDad