Thrive Scholars Round 2 Thread

same here, my coach was super excited to write my letter and now here we are, but lets keep our hopes up:)

2 Likes

me too. i just got rejected and im feeling really down right now tbh. i feel like im not going to get into thrive now

also, i just read the old conversation from this thread and this guy posted his stats and interview and im just really feeling like im not going to get into thrive now ā– ā– ā– ā– 

i may have just cried because of it, but dont feel that way, questbridge is abknown programs for years, you are going to do amazing and dont let academics define you

Iā€™m still crying over it ahahaā€¦ I was so hopeful too, and now I just feel really stupid for thinking I had a good chance with QB

Lol I didnā€™t even apply I already knew I had no chance plus I was really depressed and didnā€™t have the motivation to apply

same here, my friend just told me he made it and im trying so hard to be happy for him like I am but it hurts

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry dude we still have Thrive :smiley:

Donā€™t worry too much about Questbridge. There are a bunch of REALLY AMAZING applicants that were rejected because of their financials/background. Questbridgeā€™s whole thing is diversity and low income. Even if you have amazing stats, you can get rejected because your financials are too high or youā€™re not exactly a URM.

2 Likes

Even though seeing you guys talking about results made me think you were talking about thrive so I started hypervintalating lol

I wonder when the Thrive results are coming in. Iā€™m already feeling awfulā€¦ Confidence is at -1000

that is what is keeping me together is the financial situation was probably the reason I was off

from 5:30 to 6:30 since thats when they usually send emails I guess. Iā€™m kinda scared now from you guys getting rejected from questbridge but at the same time its really hard to get into

Also, another thingā€”extracurriculars. A lot of juniors have not had the time to work on any wow-factor (subjective) extracurriculars this year, which really matter in applications. They havenā€™t had a chance to realize that Covid really impacted our ability to work in our community, and they undoubtedly will by app season. Plus, you have a whole year almost to perfect your app.

2 Likes

me too man. i dont think im getting into thrive

Honestly if I donā€™t get into thrive I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be able to get out of bed for a while.

Maybe they are sending acceptances on a rolling bias. I just saw someone on Reddit saying they got accepted into Thrive.

im literally going to be depressed. like actual depression. thrive would be my 3rd rejection

1 Like

I was just thinking the same thingā€¦ This whole school year has been a huge letdown bc of the pandemicā€¦ idk if I can mentally handle being rejected twice on the same day

1 Like

dont scare me rnā€¦send the reddit