Ticket Confusion

<p>So I have a friend who wants to buy my Auburn ticket so she can upgrade it and use it for a guest. I know I will be penalized 1.5 points for selling it. Will I be penalized for her upgrading it as well? On Facebook some people were asking to buy tickets from other students, but they were asking for special permission from the student-sellers to upgrade them. This confused me. I thought once you sell a ticket you’re done with it. Can someone clear this up? Also, what’s mid range for an Auburn ticket this year? I saw someone asking for $85 and people exclaimed how cheap that was.</p>

<p>someone posted a link to the rules about football tickets earlier today.</p>

<p>you are only allowed 3 points.</p>

<p>if you don’t use a ticket, you get penalized 1.5 points.</p>

<p>if you upgrade a ticket, i think that is a 1.5 point penalty too.</p>

<p>so, you can only upgrade a ticket 2 times per season. </p>

<p>you can request that the student you are buying from upgrade the ticket. this will cost you more $$ and it will give the seller a penalty for upgrading.</p>

<p>i don’t think you will get a penalty for selling it, only upgrading.</p>

<p>i think that is the way it works, but i am no expert.</p>

<p>and, yes, 85 sounds cheap for an auburn ticket.</p>

<p>Here is the link Mike is talking about: </p>

<p><a href=“http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/GITG%20Poster%20HR%202012.pdf[/url]”>http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/GITG%20Poster%20HR%202012.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Also, I saw that going to a soccer game is worth “1.5 points” (or some number). Is this a way to encourage students to go to other sporting events, and work off their bad points? Or is that another point thing students should know about?</p>

<p>Thanks, I’d already seen the link before but I’m still confused, which is why I posted. If it’s 0 penalty points to transfer a ticket, why wouldn’t you just do that and have the person give you cash so you don’t get penalized and it doesn’t count as “selling?” Or does that not work? Also, do you have to upgrade a ticket before you transfer it to another student or can you transfer it and they upgrade it themselves?</p>

<p>Here are your official answers from a well-known expert that I have consulted :)</p>

<p>“So I have a friend who wants to buy my Auburn ticket so she can upgrade it and use it for a guest. I know I will be penalized 1.5 points for selling it”. </p>

<p>NOT true. As long as you transfer (sell) or donate your ticket by Friday afternoon you won’t receive any penalty points. </p>

<p>“Will I be penalized for her upgrading it as well”? </p>

<p>NO, once you transfer it to her it will be her ticket. If she upgrades it she will get the 1 1/2 point penalty. </p>

<p>“On Facebook some people were asking to buy tickets from other students, but they were asking for special permission from the student-sellers to upgrade them. This confused me. I thought once you sell a ticket you’re done with it”. </p>

<p>Yes, once you transfer the ticket to someone else it is their ticket and you can not be penalized in regards to what they do or don;t do with it. </p>

<p>“Can someone clear this up? Also, what’s mid range for an Auburn ticket this year? I saw someone asking for $85 and people exclaimed how cheap that was”. </p>

<p>$85 isn’t a bad price for a NON upgraded ticket. Regular tickets (not student tix or student guest) will be going for around $150 - $200 the week of the game. So if you factor in the cost of upgrading it to a student guest you’re now talking $165 for the total cost of the ticket to the buyer ($85 to the seller and $80 to upgrade). A simple student - student sale of a ticket will go for anywhere between $50 - $150. The longer you’re willing to wait it out the cheaper they’ll get. IMHO anywhere between $75 - $100 is a fair price for both parties.</p>

<p>Here are my answers, which aren’t as expert as the ones stated above, but I think I can handle it.</p>

<p>“If it’s 0 penalty points to transfer a ticket, why wouldn’t you just do that and have the person give you cash so you don’t get penalized and it doesn’t count as “selling?” Or does that not work? Also, do you have to upgrade a ticket before you transfer it to another student or can you transfer it and they upgrade it themselves?”</p>

<p>You can by all means just transfer the ticket to another student and collect the money. When and if they upgrade it, they will get the penalty, not you. My D bought a ticket this way last year. She upgraded her LSU ticket to a guest ticket for her dad, thereby getting a 1.5 penalty, and then bought another student ticket from someone, who transferred it to her, so that person got no penalty, since he just transferred it. You can negotiate the terms however you like. Hope that makes sense :)</p>

<p>Thank you ROSE808! :slight_smile: That was a huge help!</p>

<p>Aren’t we glad we can still consult the resident expert??</p>

<p>You are very welcome, bamabound27.</p>

<p>And yes, we are lucky to have a resident expert watching out for all the football newbies out there.</p>

<p>In fact, to further enlighten us all, here is further explanation:</p>

<p>The reason some students ask the seller to upgrade it for them is they don’t want to get the penalty points. If it’s a one time thing it’s no big deal. But if you’re trying to get 3 or more upgraded tickets for family & friends then you need to buy the tickets already upgraded or you won’t be able to buy tickets yourself next year due to too many penalty points.</p>

<p>Okay, so Sisters are going to family weekend; wanted to sit with brother in student section. BUT he will get 1.5 penalty for each if he gets and upgrades for both== 3 points total. NOT doing that to him, guess they’re with the old folks with tickets I already got them.</p>

<p>Where are people getting that upgrading a ticket carries a 1.5 point penalty? The linked poster states that transferring a ticket carries a 1 point penalty.</p>

<p>I didn’t look at that link originally, but looks like SEA_Tide is right. See, I told you I wasn’t an expert :wink: So 1.5 if it goes unused and 1 if it’s upgraded. That’s good news, because we all want to sit in the student section for the Mississippi game when we come, so that will make it easier.</p>

<p>Wow, sure pays to read those links. I have now learned that you can only upgrade one ticket per game. So looks like she’ll have to get us some already upgraded tickets.</p>

<p>I don’t know why I’m thinking this, maybe thinking of another school, but are seniors guaranteed tickets or not? In other words, doesn’t matter how many penalty points they have, they are guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket package for their final year at the school. I’m guessing I’m thinking of another school.</p>

<p>Another question: If a student plans to go to the game, but then something comes up and they can’t go, when is the latest they can donate/transfer their ticket, so as to avoid penalty?</p>

<p>The deadline to donate a ticket without penalty is 5:00 PM the Friday before the game. </p>

<p>Seniors are not guaranteed tickets.</p>

<p>So would he have to upgrade his ticket first before buying one? Or can he hold 2 student tickets?</p>

<p>Yeah, he would have to upgrade his before the other one can be transferred to him. You can only have one ticket on your ACT card.</p>

<p>Another ticket question - I think I know the answer but want to make sure I have it right. It appears the time frame to upgrade the a student ticket closes at 5:00 on Thursday. Therefore if student does not get donated ticket by that time there is no way for student to upgrade ticket. Is this correct? My son is on waiting list for this weekend and was hoping to get ticket to give to a die-hard alum fan (after he paid upgrade fee) but I’m thinking it won’t work out for him.</p>

<p>Sorry to keep asking these questions, but son has big project due, but wants to go to game.</p>

<p>What kind of penalties will he get if he doesn’t finish in time and doesn’t make the game?</p>

<p>Will he be able to donate his ticket to the “pool” at any point and get a lesser penalty?</p>

<p>I’m sure he’ll get some penalty if he doesn’t donate it by the Friday evening deadline, but is there a way he can reduce his penalty by donating/transferring it?</p>

<p>I’m hoping he can get some work done before the game so he can go, but he’s got a bunch of deadlines right now he’s trying to make. It’s going to be such a good game, so he doesn’t want to give up his ticket unless he absolutely has to.</p>

<p>Monetegut, he can use, transfer or donate his ticket until halftime and just receive a 1/2 point penalty. </p>

<p>If he doesn’t use it at all it’s 1 1/2 points penalty.</p>