Tide in Texas

<p>Have any of the CC TX parents attended the Tide in Texas events? At first, I thought it was strictly an Alabama Alum group but they posted an invite to Bama Parents to join them for game watching events in the Dallas area. It shouldn’t surprise me that they are so inclusive…they really mean it when they say you’re a part of the UA Family. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I have attended the Game Watching activities that the Texas Alumni have hosted at the Fox and Hound restaurant in Houston. They are happy to have any and all Bama fans attend. They reserve a large room (in/near the bar) and set up a big TV. There are door prizes and all kinds of fun.</p>

<p>We saw last year’s BCS game with them in Houston. The far west-side Fox and Hound, mentioned above, is frequented by the “older set” and, thus, my natural “home.” But they also have similar gatherings for more recent grads at the Firkin and Phoenix, which is in Montrose, and that is where we took DD to celebrate with the younger crowd. There were raffles, and sing-alongside, and a local TV Station was there to record the victory! It was PACKED.</p>

<p>The recent “send off” was at the Fox and Hound, and they have Alabama mirrors and decor which appears to be permanent: a dedicated home for the Aumni. We will be attending games there this year, although it is a long hour’s drive from our home.</p>

<p>The Alumni has these events in our hometown too. I’ve never been to one. What is the protocol? Do you stay the whole time? That’s a long time with folks you don’t know. Is it bad form to show up at halftime the first time? I just usually watch at home. :)</p>

<p>You won’t get a seat if you show up late.</p>

<p>They won’t be strangers by the end of the first quarter.</p>

<p>Go. Make friends. Have a beer. Tip the staff.</p>

<p>Watch the GAME.</p>

<p>Thank you for the hints. :)</p>

<p>Cuttlefish, if you are on Facebook, see if there is a Facebook group for the alums in your area (or PM me your location and I can ask my alum friends). It’s a good way to “meet” people before you go to a game if you are hesitant (but I would just go, you’ll have a good time).</p>

<p>SewSheKnits, we plan on attending the event in Dallas this weekend. The one in Addison. Know no single person that I know of that will be there. </p>

<p>I’ll wear my “Bama Mom” pin ;)<br>
PM me so we can meet</p>

<p>I have been watching their posts on facebook, and hope to attend one of the watch parties this season. They have pics posted from previous parties and it looks like a lot of fun.</p>

<p>Class2012Mom: I have found the tailgating group in my area. Thank you so much. RTR!!</p>

<p>The hubs and I may attend the Addison watch party. We did not make it to any of their watch parties last year.</p>

<p>Let me know if you go. We can meet up. Can’t wait to meet all the Bama fans here in Texas :)</p>

<p>You TX folks need to get one of the alumni tees. Graphic of the state, lettering that says “TexAs” with the Bama A. Very nice.</p>

<p>I have seen pics of the shirt, would love one…but they only sell them at the watch parties…it is really nice looking, I hope to get one if we make it on game day.</p>

<p>Do you want me to get you a contact that you can get a shirt from? They would probably mail one to you (although I think you should go to the watch party!).</p>

<p>They were selling the Tide in Texas shirts at the Bama Send Off Party this summer. We were able to get DD one at that time, got the last S they had. They showed us the new ones which are awesome. DH wants one so I am sure he will buy one on Saturday. </p>

<p>We need to do a roll call of the CC folks that are going to be at the game watching party. We plan on being there.</p>

<p>Thanks Class2012Mom, Id love to get one…and we are going to try and make a party this season, probably the game after College Station.</p>

<p>We are going to Atlanta this weekend…I would have loved to have had one to wear.</p>

<p>Contact them and see if you can meet them somewhere to buy one from them. It’s worth a try.</p>

<p>What area of Texas are you in (which alumni group is closest, not the town you live in)?</p>