Timeline for ED

<p>From past history, does anyone know how and when early decision applicants will receive their notifications about acceptance, deferral, denial? Do the students receive notification of their status by an email first or does it come by regular mail? Do they adhere to the December 15th deadline or is there a chance it will come earlier than that? We are keeping our fingers, toes, every extremity crossed here at our house for an early acceptance! :) I was just curious if anyone could share their past ED experiences, not that VT's notification policy is always the same year in and out, but it would be interesting to know. Thanks so much for any help!</p>

<p>I got in ED two years ago. You find out online first, but I don't remember them sending me an email. Theres a place on the website that they should have given you a url for where you can track the status of your application. Some time in early december (it was before the 15th for me, I THINK around the 10th, not sure) the "Application Status" will change from "Under Review" or whatever it is now to either "Accepted" or "Rejected."</p>