Timeline?

<p>I know they claim a 5 week processing time for all materials..my counselor sent my transcript on the 12/4. My ACTs are already there and my application was submitted mid-november. How accurate is this 5 week time frame? Am I wasting my time checking MyUW for the next 3 weeks?</p>

<p>Yes, you're wasting your time. Based on my experience and the experience of others on this board, OOS applications will <em>typically</em> take 6-8 weeks, not counting winter break. In state and MN apps have been taking even longer. And it's based on when they receive your info, so if your counselor didn't even send the transcript until 12/4, they might not get it for another week after that. </p>

<p>The later it gets, the longer the apps are taking, so I'd honestly be surprised if you heard back before late February.</p>

<p>well i meant checking UW in terms of my application status changing from "We have received your application and are reviewing..." to "Being reviewed by an admissions counselor." I remember reading an article about their technical difficulties, saying it may take up to 5 weeks to match application materials, but I also remember reading something about 3 weeks in the same article and I was pretty confused. Just wondering if this 5 week thing is pretty accurate or is normally more/less.</p>

<p>It seems application processing and admissions decisions are slower than usual this year due to a technical problem. Here is a link to the article that SubMachine mentioned: Undergraduate</a> Admissions at UW-Madison: Application processing time line update</p>

<p>My application has been complete since October 31st. It has said this for the past 3-4 weeks:
"Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status. "</p>

<p>How much longer am I going to be waiting? (Based on everyone's experiences anyway...)</p>

<p>My son's took exactly 5 weeks at that status before he got a decision. Good Luck!</p>

<p>OK, mine just went to "being reviews by one of your counselors," today. So, with the holiday taken into consideration it looks like it took about 3 weeks. Hopefully I will get my decision in 4 :D</p>

<p>I feel like I should have heard by now. Yesterday was the 9-week mark for me. =(</p>

<p>My admissions counselor is currently doing applications received mid-November as of a few days ago when we contacted the office. </p>

<p>Every adcom might have their own schedule at the admissions office, though. I wouldn't know.</p>

<p>what counselor is that Jewcrew? I mean what region, and how did you find that out?</p>

<p>I'm a Wisconsin resident that goes to an OOS school-- I think I was judged as OOS applicant for admission purposes. </p>

<p>Anyways, I had gotten into a different school that's way more expensive and needed a response early. And I had to hear my decision from UW to know if it was worth the cost (maybe 20k a year is worth it over LaCrosse, but we decided it wasn't worth it over Madison). So, I called and explained my circumstance.</p>

<p>I can't give you more info, sorry =). All I know about is one counselor--mine.</p>