Timing for Acknowledgement E-Mail?

<p>D got her application in late last night (the server was soooo slow that it took hours - the price one pays for procrastination, I guess). Based on info on the Wisconsin website, it looks like you can't check the status of the application until you get an e-mail acknowledgement that contains an ID number. Does anyone know how long it takes to get that e-mail? If it has to be manually sent, then it's not surprising we don't have it, but if it's automatically generated, then I wonder if the application actually went through - the site crashed so many times while D was inputting the application that nothing would surprise me. I did get a payment receipt, though, which is a promising sign.</p>

<p>I applied back in Sept and got my email 2 weeks after. Accounting for the fact that it just got in under the deadline when the massive influx of applications flies in, it might come later once they get to it.</p>

<p>Same here, my S applied mid-September. After one week without receiving ID email, he emailed the onwisconsin email address (they replied in 15 minutes!), they advised they were experiencing issues, but confirmed they had received all of his materials. He ultimately received his ID email a few days after that…roughly 2 weeks after he applied. Good luck!</p>

<p>My son applied on the evening of Oct 11 and received an email moments later with the subject: “Your UW-Madison Apply Online Application Completion Instructions”. This email did not contain the campus ID number. He also immediately received the payment receipt as you described.</p>

<p>Then on the morning of Oct 13 (almost exactly 36 hours later) he received another email with the subject: “UW-Madison Application Confirmation”. This email contained the campus ID number.</p>

<p>Ditto on October 23rd. Email with ID came about 36 hours later.</p>

<p>Thanks everyone - it sounds like we shouldn’t expect the e-mail it for a couple days, so that makes me more confident that the application got in despite the many computer issues.</p>