Timing of Early Decision notifications

<p>@amd2779 did you have a specific school or program?</p>

<p>Ah. I don’t know much about the PoliSci req. for Tech because I focused mainly on the Engineering program haha.</p>

<p>I applied into communication.</p>

<p>A lot of kids i thought would get in for sure didn’t get in from my school, but a guy that has lower stats/less school involvement got in. However, he had a ton of legacy. Frustrating though…</p>

<p>Well we are allowed to call and ask what we can do to improve or to ask the reason we got deferred right?</p>

<p>yes, i’ll most likely do that in the next several days. I am hoping that my mid year grades (if they remain all a’s and one b) get me accepted regular. Now I will spend the majority of winter break filling out college apps :confused: I know that ED has a lower acceptance rate then RD. I think it’s 52% early and 67% regular.</p>

<p>Congratulations to all of the newest Hokies on board! To those who were deferred, don’t give up hope; it just may be a few months till you get better news. jones4hokies, good to see another LArch student coming in–my kiddo will be going into his last year in the program when you are starting your first! :)</p>

<p>I got into VT ED!! :slight_smile:
In case anyone’s wondering, i’m reposting my stats from my chance me post…</p>

<p>I’m a senior in NOVA</p>

<p>8th grade- Alg 1 (B), French 1 (B+)</p>

<p>9th grade- Choir (A+), Honors Earth Science (A), Honors English (A), French 2 (A), Geometry (A), PE (A), Pre Ap World History (B+)</p>

<p>10th grade- Alg 2 (B), AP World (B), Honors Bio (A), Choir (A+), Honors English (A-), French 3 (B+), PE (A), Drivers Ed (B+), SCA (Pass)</p>

<p>11th grade- Advanced Functions & modeling (B+), AP Psych (B), APUSH (B-), Chem (A-), Honors English (A+), Fashion Design (A+), Honors French 4 (B), Interior Design (A+), SCA (pass)</p>

<p>12th grade- Pre-Calc, AP Lit, AP French, AP US & Comparative Gov, Computer Information Systems, Creative Writing, Physics, SCA</p>

<p>SAT: Math: 540, Reading: 600, Writing: 670
ACT: Composite 24, English 26, Math 22, Reading 24</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
[Student Council {Vice President (12) Historian (11) Parliamentarian (10) Class Representative (9)},Future Educators Association (9 10 11 12), FCLA {Vice President of Fashion Design (11)}, National Honor Society (11 12), French Club (11 12), Choir (9 10)]</p>

<p>Sports:
[Varsity Winter Cheerleading (awarded the Coach’s Award 11), Junior Varsity Winter Cheerleading (10), planning to continue Cheerleading (12), Swim Team (Coach for 3 years, participant for 9 years)]</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone. I’m so nervous and i can’t log in :frowning: makes me so maddd</p>

<p>super excited that I was accepted to VT!!</p>

<p>to all the people who were deferred - keep working hard and best of luck during your school year… I’m sure you guys will get in with some determination!</p>

<p>Congrats to all my fellow future hokies :slight_smile: :)</p>

<p>Accepted to Virginia Tech College of Science!!!
NOVA
3.94 GPA
1880 SAT
Full IB & AP Schedule
Basketball -Team Captain
Bunch of Honor Societies and clubs.
Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>congrats all</p>