Tips for next year's HS seniors

<p>incredibly helpful, from each of you, as always!</p>

<p>Here’s a site where you can check the open/closed status of different CSU programs. As you can see, some entire campuses are closed (I plugged in that you wanted undergrad programs starting in the Fall of 2011.</p>

<p>The site said on a different page that CSUs begin accepting applications October 1, and some programs begin to close down by November 30.</p>

<p>Good Luck.</p>

<p>[CSUMentor</a> - Apply Online - Status Report](<a href=“Cal State Apply | CSU”>Cal State Apply | CSU)</p>

<p>@ucdavisdreamer: I am a California resident and high school senior currently in the application process, so take note of a few things now. None of the CSUs have 4 year direct entry nursing programs, meaning that if you are accepted to, say, SDSU, you will attend for two years and before your junior year you will have to apply to the SDSU nursing program. Only two UCs offer undergraduate nursing programs, both of which are 4 year direct entry, and that would be UC Irvine and UCLA–these are fairly competitive and require lots of additional reqs, an additional personal statement, etc. </p>

<p>I’ve been lucky enough to volunteer at UCD Med, met some amazing nurses, and have a family filled with those in the nursing profession–talk to everyone you know! My best friend’s mom, who is a nurse practitioner at UCD Med, gave me some other great CA university options–not UCs or CSUs-- for nursing. </p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>@ef47048
Oh my goodness, you answered my question that I had in the back of my head forever - the whole applying in junior year makes much more sense now!!!</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>But wait, I know that Nursing is very impacted, so would it be easy to enter as a freshman, and is the difficult, more selective application the actual nursing program application?</p>

<p>If I am thinking about this correctly and if declaring a Nursing major at the start (freshmen) is going to make it difficult for me to get in, could declaring undecided make my chances at getting in in the first place easier?</p>

<p>Am i making any sense here?</p>

<p>Thank you so much for your advice! I have been volunteering at the local Kaiser for 2 years now (summer before high school to present) so I feel that I have been meeting a lot of nurses and I’ll be sure to chat with them outside of the hospital as well. Thanks!</p>

<p>Thank you, @greenwitch, very helpful information. :)</p>