To Current Students: Lurking Financial Aid Scandal?!

I’m probably just being too cautious, but better safe than sorry. I posted this here so that I could get this message out to more students currently attending Baruch.

Anyways, when I made some calculations to make sure nothing was wrong with my account statements, I noticed that Baruch still owed me some money (a bit shy of $100). I’ve contacted Bursar several times, and they keep insisting that the balance evens out between the payments, charges, and refunds even though I’ve made the calculations several times. Due to recent events, I can’t help but think that something’s off (Machli Joseph, Assitant Athletics Director at Baruch, arrested for embezzling over $600,000). Who knows…maybe someone Bursar’s can do the same…

I mean how often do students that receive an outstanding amount of financial aid check their account statements when they receive over $2000 in refund. Well… I do, because I made a habit of always knowing where my money is.

I’m requesting those who receive financial aid to check their accounts, and let me know if all is good. Simplest way to do it is by taking the difference between TOTAL PAYMENTS and TOTAL CHARGES (this includes all semesters up to the current semester, exclude Fall 2017 if you applied for classes already). The difference should equal the TOTAL REFUND.

I know I seem in over my head, but do me this favor please!