To get into a UC

<p>Is it true that most students who get admitted to a UC are in the Top 10% percent of their class? According to CollegeBoard, 95-96% of incoming students at all of the UCs were in the Top 10%.</p>

<p>Yes, it's essentially true by design since the Univ of California accepts the top 12% of Calif high school graduates statewide. But, note the number is unverifiable since half of Calif public high schools do not rank students.</p>

<p>also, only a portion of high school seniors do apply to UC's in the first place. not all HS graduates furthur their education, and those that do are typically from the top half/quarter/whatever of the graduating class anyway.</p>

<p>to expand on your question, its also not that surprising. I just realized this senior year, that I didn't meet very many people or even get to form connections with most of my class. Why? I was stuck in the classes that the top 10% were taking all the time, and I kept getting classes with the same people. There are so many people I have lost contact with since middle school simply because of that.</p>

<p>I probably know 200 out of the 572 kids in my graduating class, and never spoken to the other 372. eh.</p>