To loft or not to loft?

<p>The beds at RCS will adjust to a normal bed height which is low enough to have your feet on the floor while sitting.:)</p>

<p>how? when i was there for BB it looked like it was on the lowest height and it was still pretty high (i think almost chest level)</p>

<p>I may be totally mistaken, Tommy, but I think the ones in RCS will go almost to the floor. The upright pieces have a track that runs about half the length. The slats from the rails (horizontal pieces) fit into that track. If you want to position it lower, I think you can just flip the uprights (legs) over and the track will be lower to the floor. That would allow you to have the rails almost touching the floor. I could be wrong about this, but it was just something I was guessing at when we stayed there over BB. Anyone know for sure?</p>

<p>^^^ You are correct. They were down low when we came for BB and when we arrived for move in…I promise you they will go down low at RCS in both towers.:)</p>

<p>Tommy, I think you might need to turn the bed posts upside down, but not 100% sure.</p>

<p>^Yep, just flip the bed post top to bottom and you can set the bed at normal height or lower.</p>

<p>oh, wow, can’t believe I didn’t think of that. Thanks.</p>

<p>engineering major, right Tommy??? LOL</p>

<p>Even after you take off the mattress, the bed is large and fairly heavy, so you might need help.</p>

<p>economics. but i think common sense and basic problem solving are important for most majors…</p>

<p>I was just teasing Tommy… I am sure many will have the exact same question on move in day!</p>

<p>hahaha i sure hope so. then i can help and seem smart.</p>

<p>Tommy- Kaylyn and I will be attempting this alone so we might need to call on you for help.</p>

<p>Good morning everyone!</p>

<p>A few things - please do not adjust the beds yourself! We are going to work very hard to have staff on hand to help, and you can always put in a work order to have your bed adjusted. But attempting to do this yourself may cause damage to the bed or the wall, which you will be billed for. Please wait for HRC staff!!</p>

<p>Also, on the bed heights, not all the Honors communities have the same bed height. Here’s a list of the bed heights:
Beds adjust to up to 60” from the floor:
Friedman, Paty, Presidential Village and Ridgecrest South</p>

<p>Beds adjust to up to 33” from the floor (lofts can be ordered for higher setup):
The Bluff, Bryant, Burke East and West, Harris, Lakeside East and West,
Parham, Ridgecrest East and West, Riverside North, East and West, and Somerville</p>

<p>Beds adjust to up to 31” from the floor (lofts can be ordered for higher setup):
Blount, Tutwiler</p>

<p>Beds are fixed-height (lofts can be ordered for higher setup):
Bryce Lawn, The Highlands and Palmer</p>

<p>Lofts can be ordered by contacting Collegiate Bed Loft at [Home</a> page](<a href=“http://www.cblorder.com%5DHome”>http://www.cblorder.com). These are the only lofts approved for use and installation in residence halls.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!
Janine Gascoigne</p>

<p>I think it is AMAZING and soooo cool that UA Housing posts here. It is so very informative and actually reassuring to us “new” parents and students. </p>

<p>Now I can show DD a picute of a “lofted” bed!!! Thanks Janine!!!</p>

<p>UA Housing-</p>

<p>If we know our kids want to loft already would it be any easier on UA staff if we let them know now and they could do it at their convenience instead of the rush of move in?</p>

<p>UA housing - can you give the total width of the bed (mattress plus bed frame) in tut (especially) and other dorms for a parent who is wanting to build a shelf to fit over the bed (like the pictures of tutweiler on the UA housing site ). thanks.</p>

<p>is the same furniture used in all dorms?</p>

<p>it would be nice to add more dimension info on furniture for all the dorms. these are questions that come up over and over.</p>

<p>Mock-up complete!</p>

<p>u all have a real one built? i probably didnt read too well. i couldn’t remember if the mock up was a drawing or an actual shelf.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Nothing is complete until pictures have been shared with your Bama Board friends! ;-)</p>