To those who got "deferred"

<p>No need to sulk! it sucks major butt, knowing that you weren't "good enough" the first time, so this thread is for whatever you need, vent, share your feelings, why you think you didn't get in. And no matter what your decision was, deferred, accepted, or rejected, go ahead and post your stats and the program to which you applied, get a little comparison going as to what the school "wants"</p>

<p>I'll start
- UW GPA 3.15 (super competitive private school where grading scale is on a more rigerous percentage poll than other locations, if recalculated it would be about a 3.5 UW)
- 33 ACT
- School doesn't rank, but top 10% if they did
- Decent essays, including "trigger words" they write on their website to sway
- A few letters of rec
- OOS applicant to school of management.</p>

<p>I’m oos and I applied for aerospace engineering thinking that Purdue would be in my safety/target range. My uw is 3.6 and my weighted is 3.9, and my SAT score is 2130 with a 740 math, 710 reading, and 680 writing. I’ve taken a lot of AP classes (last year my entire schedule was AP), and I got a 5 on all my tests (mostly science and math) and the National AP Scholar award; unfortunately I never sent my scores to purdue. I’ve also spent the past four years in our FIRST FRC robotics team. I did get a few C’s and B’s, so I guess I should have done more of my homework in those classes. I’m a bit scared now of my chances for GT, although I did send my AP scores there. The worst part is I know two people from my school that have already been accepted for engineering and they are worse than me.</p>

<p>They are sitting on the fence about me, I guess, which is why they now want my first semester grades. I also applied to aerospace engineering. I have a 3.4 from the 22/1839 of California high schools. My ACT comp was 30 with 32 in math and 33 science. I am taking mostly APs this year and also have a private pilot’s license. (Sort of an unusual EC, or so I thought, along with the usual community service, sports, etc.) It just sucks that now I won’t have an answer until February, so what was the point of getting everything done and in by Oct 15? It was just such a letdown. So, I’m just not sure what to make of it all. I got an acceptance to Iowa State, which apparently has a highly rated aerospace engineering program and they offered me a nice merit award, but still. I really was hoping for Purdue. :confused: Thanks for this thread so that we can all commiserate. I know the “Yay, I got in!” thread is where I would rather be, but misery loves company, so who else wants to join the party?</p>

<p>jayjjii3- We know kids that went to our high school that go to GT and some who were denied. Last year it seemed the SAT score needed to be 2100 to get in. So if that’s the case you should get good news from GT on 12/15 at 12:15.:)</p>

<p>I’m currently a Junior at Purdue and I was originally deferred when I applied to Purdue. My total UW GPA was around a 3.4 I think? I was pretty mad about it and kick major ass my senior year of high school and got a 3.8gpa. I was accepted a couple weeks later! So don’t give up hope or get down about it!</p>

<p>Thanks for the reassurance MichiganGeorgia, I am certainly hoping I get some good news. Luckily I have quite a hectic week planned to keep myself from becoming too anxious :)</p>

<p>whatever you want to call it, I got denied/reconsider for a different major. originally applied into FYE/Biomedical eng. 3.41 cumulative GPA with a 26 composite ACT. was really hoping to get in. tons of EC and have had multiple leadership positions. I wrote what I thought was an amazing essay, I even had my aunt whos an author look it over and edit it. oh well. I’ve been accepted into Iowa State and am waiting to hear back from MSOE and Marquette.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if 7th Semester grades are sent out how soon we hear from Purdue? I’m from MA, Engineering Undecided. I flew in to West Lafayette and visited the campus during one of their information sessions.</p>

<p>28 ACT Comp,
lots of AP/Honors classes,
earning a “Engineering Certificate” with 50+ credits in concentration,
Varsity Captain & Club Soccer 10 mo season since 12 yrs old
PT job as Computer Technician for not for profit computer refurbishing co.
100+ hours in community service</p>

<p>Accepted to my Engineering School safety on the East Coast and deferred from Cornell & Villanova</p>

<p>I applied for Computer Engineering. UW 3.4 gpa, 5 APs (mostly science related) and a 29 ACT. I was deferred and asked for my 7th semester transcript. Fortunately I tried my ass off this semester. I ended up with a us 3.8 uw (4.0 weighted) gpa, so hopefully that will be enough to get accepted this time around. I have been accepted to Auburn and applied for normal decision to Univ. of GA. I find out from UGA in May… ugh.</p>