Tomorrow evening's room selection

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>We attempted to attend the UA Housing webinar on room selection and it had a lot of problems. We had errors coming up every 1.4 seconds until I could finally close out at error number 97! We watched the Housing online selection video and read the website but I wonder what the 90 minute webinar had that the 5 minute video didn’t. Unfortunately they won’t post the webinar until after tomorrow’s selection times according to UA Housing. The network admin stated that they are having network difficulties. I had to laugh - I’m old enough to remember the “voice” on the television asking us to please stand by - they were having “network difficulties”. I guess what goes around comes around - from televisions to the internet.</p>

<p>Anyway, any tips or suggestions on room selections? Any thoughts on which dorms are the most difficult to get or already closed? Our son is a CBHP hopeful, Civil Engineering major in Honors. I do know to try for the end rooms since they are quieter but other than that??? All tips are appreciated.</p>

<p>Also, he hopes to pull up two other kids but I don’t know if that is possible. They are trying to coordinate times and he starts at 7:00 p.m. tomorrow.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>^ there is a past thread on this somewhere within the last few pages -
but basically, given that your son has a late pick date and rooms have gone fast, I would have him try for a room in his #1 choice dorm, failing that quickly move on to #2 etc. If he can get a room with space for his friends fine, but honestly I’d just make sure he gets a room for himself. IMHO end rooms and roommates should not be a priority this late in the game.
At this point get into anything that might work and then you can take the time to look at what is left and possibly move if you find something you prefer.
Ridgecrest South and West seem the most popular/difficult from last go around, though I personally know of current multiple-room spaces in RW left after the last pick, as well as I’m sure a few in RS. Seems so far everyone has gotten what they wanted but there are (of course) fewer rooms available now.
Obviously be in at 7pm sharp, have his prospective roommates’ Proxy codes so he can pull them in if things are open. Good Luck!</p>