Tonights game

<p>Looked like complete crap. If it weren’t for a superstar performance from Christion Jones, I don’t think we would have won.</p>

<p>Prediction: We drop out of the top 3, possibly out of the top 5 after that god-awful offensive performance. </p>

<p>I know we have a lot of freshmen on our offensive line, but damn; if there isn’t a drastic improvement before Sept. 14th, we’re totally hosed.</p>

<p>I guarantee you we will not drop at all…</p>

<p>as for our o-line, 3 of them were making their first starts. successful o-line play relies heavily on chemistry and first game woes are standard procedure, even for Alabama. A&M will actually be a pretty good way to get back in sync, considering their defensive front did nothing against Rice.</p>

<p>Could be worse…</p>

<p>You could be slippy who probably has a few knots in his stomach tonight watching this
LSU vs TCU game. Come on Horned Frogs… you have had them so close.</p>

<p>I wondered why CC was so quiet tonitw… I’m just watching the game now (recorded), and so you have saved me at least 2 hours of watching, er, wasting. Either you all are as stunned as cleonard, or yer in a snacking coma.</p>

<p>On the other hand, Johnny M was very embarrassing for his team/$chool, and has NO class whatsoever.</p>

<p>Listening to the coach try and explain away mr football left was pathetic. Coach, you thought he would have learned from his bad behavior by now? Seriously? Have you not seen what this guy has been doing all summer? </p>

<p>A&M was also missing 4 other players that were suspended by the school. 2 for being arrested this summer. We all know that Lil Johnny has already set a precedent at the school for the football team. It’s okay to get arrested. They will give you a slight tap on the hand and tell you no-no and then throw you back in the game.</p>

<p>Another player was thrown out earlier in the game for fighting.</p>

<p>I would say a good lot of them have no class. </p>

<p>Embarrassing!</p>

<p>Calm down, all will be well. Take away the special teams and defensive TDs (which you don’t since that too is football) and Bama still wins. Our D gave up one big play and otherwise throttled Va Tech.</p>

<p>Yes, the offense was out of synch. They will get it together. Give the Va Tech D some well deserved credit. </p>

<p>A&M gave up over 500 yards of offense to Rice (yes, Rice), 300+ of which were on the ground! The Aggies were missing a few suspended starters, who will be playing their first game of the season when Bama rolls into town. They’re not going to make up for the gaping holes in the rest of the Aggie defense.</p>

<p>Bama will win Sept 14 and Johnny Football will be looking for a chiropractor the next day.</p>

<p>Roll Tide and keep the faith. :)</p>

<p>Let’s make sure we have a few facts here. </p>

<p>For A&M, 8 or their starting defensive players (not 4) did not start the game. So that was their 2nd team defense - and many were Freshman. During the game, one of their better players got ejected for hitting a defenseless receiver (not fighting). This is a new NCAA rule this year - and one that will get much controversy. Next, Rice is a team that returned 18 starters. They will be very good in Conf USA this year. Also, they won their Bowl game last year. </p>

<p>As for Manziel, he’s got taunted the entire game. He does need to control his emotions and realize that he has has a lot teammates that depend on him. He did lead A&M to 5 scoring drives…</p>

<p>Kyle Field is a tough place to play. The fans are loud. Bama has a great chance to win but it will not be easy.</p>

<p>Yes, the Bama offense was crappy last night, however I doubt Bama will drop in the rankings. It may get less first place votes, but will likely remain number one.</p>

<p>Thank goodness Bama has a bye week this week to prepare for TAMU.</p>

<p>Saban was NOT happy - they will be working hard I know- BUT my frehsman son sure had fun- was on TV more than once and I missed him each time… hahaha!</p>

<p>Got some serious work to do to get to National Championship game! Having said that, most of the SEC looked a little off. Certainly going watch Ohio St. and Stanford a little closer next week.</p>

<p>Calm down folks. Defense and special teams count. Bottom line was a blowout win, just as expected. They will remain nearly unanimous #1.</p>

<p>Side note, I’m typing this as I listen to Pandora. Sweet Home Alabama just came on. Big smile.</p>

<p>Don’t get me wrong, I was more than satisfied with our defense and special teams.</p>

<p>And I’m not hating on Bama, don’t be so defensive. And yes, most of the problem is the freshman O-linesmen. But thats no excuse. A problem is a problem. </p>

<p>I’m saying that 206 yards of total offense is NOT going to get the job done during in-conference play, and everyone here knows it.</p>

<p>I love my crimson tide, but if you’re a tide fan who thought last nights game was okay, you obviously weren’t looking at much more than the final score.</p>

<p>If you didn’t know which teams were playing, or what the final score was, and I told you one team had 206 yards of total offense, went 10-24 passing with one interception and an average of 4.6 yards per completion, Ran a pro style offense where only 96 yards were gained on 38 rushing attempts, you would assume those were the stats for an FCS team that got throttled by a top 25 team for their “tune-up” game.</p>

<p>No question the offense had a bad game. In the grand scheme, it’s a blessing in disguise. They know what needs to be worked on before the A&M game. Clearly that same kind of offensive play won’t get it done against the better teams.</p>

<p>I’m sure that Coach Nuss knows what needs to be done now. Thankfully, they have 2 weeks to prepare.</p>

<p>VT played very well on defense and they have excellent corners - better ones than ours, in fact. They were able to play bump and run man coverage and bring 7 or 8 into the box every play and we never really had to challenge their corners because the game was well within our control. They are a great program with great recruiting that had the longest streak of 10 win seasons in the FBS before last year. It does speak well for our program, but it’s strange to see people obsess over a 25 point win over a very talented team from the most underrated football conference in the country.</p>

<p>Teams struggle. I would think most of us have been watching Bama football (or football in general) long enough to know that you can’t tell anything from the opener. Ohio State struggled with Buffalo for most of the first half, as did Texas against NMSU. 7 FBS teams paid FCS teams for home games, and then promptly lost to them. Christion Jones may very well not house another kick all season. Our offense will not be nearly this unproductive. And we’re not always going to be able to shut down the opposing QB.</p>

<p>Obviously Saban and his staff will address whatever issues they think we have, but as fans, we should learn to understand how this sport goes.</p>

<p>I missed the A&M game…what did Johnny do??</p>

<p>Word, telekinesis. Spot on.</p>

<p>RTRmom2, Johnny threw for 3 TD’s and looked good. However, let other guys get under his skin and lost his cool. Got a penalty on him.</p>