Too early to switch major?

<p>I will be a freshman this fall and I am in a predicament. When applying to UA I wasn’t sure what I wanted to major in so I chose “Pre-Law” which is not a real major, just a track. This put me in the college of Arts and Sciences. However, I have decided to major in marketing and remain on the pre-law track so my question is; should I go ahead and make the switch or wait? I would really like to take advantage of the perks that come with being a business major, such as the Bruno library that I really enjoyed touring during my visit. If anyone can weigh in their experience with both colleges I would greatly appreciate it.</p>

<p>Only C&BA students can use Bruno library?</p>

<p>If my memory serves me correctly my tour guide did say that it was exclusive to C&BA students</p>

<p>Only C&BA students can use the Bashinsky Computer Center therein: [C&BA</a> Tech](<a href=“http://tech.cba.ua.edu/blog/details?entryID=292&catID=34]C&BA”>http://tech.cba.ua.edu/blog/details?entryID=292&catID=34) - is that what you mean?</p>

<p>Here’s what personnel at the library just emailed me:<br>
“Any student may use the library. The computer lab on the ground floor, which is administratively separate from the library, is only for use by C&BA students. However, the library has several desktop computers for library users, as well as circulating laptops, with Microsoft Office.”
Karen Chapman,
Angelo Bruno Business Library</p>

<p>The Bashinsky computer lab is also open to students taking a class for which C&BA course fees are charged. </p>

<p>UA students can use any of the UA libraries.</p>

<p>I would suggest changing your major ASAP as C&BA has more specific core curriculum requirements. FWIW, pre-law lists many useful courses for law school admission, but students don’t necessarily have to take those courses in order to get into great law schools. The pre-law advising department sends out emails to C&BA students even if they are not really in contact with the pre-law advising department.</p>

<p>Go ahead and change your major now. Do it on MyBama.</p>

<p>Thank you all very much. I really appreciate it! I will go change it now so I can register for the correct classes at Bama Bound. Also, thank you for clearing up the library confusion Aeromom!</p>