TOp 10% engineering major

Hi,

My daughter’s Unweighted GPA (College 4 Point GPA): 3.95833 and Class Rank: 06 of 74.
Her SAT rank is 1460.
Can you kindly answer these two questions?

1. How does top 10% auto admit work? Based on the above info will she be admitted to Aerospace Engineering? Someone said major is not guaranteed. Not sure how it works.
  2. Is it advisable to submit SAT scores or just not submit them?

Regards,
Ray

If she is top 10% in Texas, she is an auto-admit to the University, but not the Engineering college. All Engineering college applicants will go through the review admit process. Once the applicant is selected and attends the engineering school, their first 2-3 semesters will be spent in the ETAM process to determine which major they will end up in. If she has a 3.5 or better in her ETAM courses, she is an auto admit to her major. If she does not have a 3.5 or better, she will be reviewed again for her major. Statistically, 83% of engineering students get one of their top 2 choices after ETAM.

Submit vs not submit is a personal decision. We applied SAT optional and have not heard anything yet, but I see a few admits here who did submit and already have heard.

@ray916 , she definitely will want to submit that SAT for engineering! That is a great score and she will hear back much sooner by submitting it. Also @Gatorleg might not know about the changes in the Entry to A Major process for Class of 2025 and beyond. Students will need a 3.75 GPA to be auto admit to a major instead of 3.5. Computer Science and Mechanical are the hot majors right now so kids interested in those majors will likely need that 3.75 GPA. I don’t think Aerospace is quite as in demand so she could probably still get that as her #1 choice with less than a 3.75. Come join us over on the TAMU Class of 2025 Admission Discussion/Decisions page to learn more about everything TAMU related!

Thank you so much !!!

Thank you so much !!!