Tornado Rampage 2011

<p>There is a documentary about the April Tornados which aired tonight on the discovery channel. Here is a link to info on the documentary. It will air again at 1AM Eastern time.</p>

<p>[Tornado</a> Rampage 2011: Tornado Rampage PREVIEW : Video : Discovery Channel](<a href=“http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/tornado-rampage-2011-tornado-rampage-preview.html]Tornado”>http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/tornado-rampage-2011-tornado-rampage-preview.html)</p>

<p>We watched it…was very hard on D. Several times I had to threaten to turn it off. I have to say after having driven through Phil Campbell it made my stomach hurt to watch the stories from there. Ironically as the night unfolded here in KC a similar situation was happening in Joplin Mo…just 2 1/2 hours from us. My best friends boys live there as well as all of her family. Luckily they are all ok although several family members lost their homes. The house her boys live in is ok but the houses on either side are destroyed. If you are watching the new…her boys live on Range Line Rd…so sad. We are praying for those dear people.</p>

<p>api-I thought of you first thing this morning. I called my family in SouthCentral MO and they only had strong winds for 10 minutes or so. You all are in my prayers. Heading to T-town Saturday, DD is so excited ;)</p>

<p>Yes, I was up watching and reading the news about Joplin. If anyone is following Toomer’s for Tuscaloosa they have been posting info. Again, another sad twist that Mother Nature has thrown at us. </p>

<p>That is why I have still been collecting donation items. Many people will need help in the next months. I urge everyone to do what they can.</p>

<p>I am so grateful that UA was spared.</p>

<p>The UA alumni are collecting donations here in KC…they have a truck that will go to Joplin. If there are locals who read CC you can look at their facebook page for details.</p>

<p>Asaunmom…thanks for thinking of us…glad your family is safe. Safe travels to T-Town! I hope she has a fantastic time!!! Let me know how she likes it.</p>

<p>ahpimommy…I came onto the U of Alabama site to get your contact info…was going to PM you. So glad to hear that you are safe and sound and that your friends boys are going to be ok.</p>

<p>Crazy weather is going on this year and all we can do is help everyone dig out. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours!</p>

<p>Thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes and prayers. We here in Mo are under the gun tomorrow…fingers crossed that the weatherman is wrong! DD’s boyfriend is on his way here from Muscles Shoals…driving through the floods…aughhh! Told him he had to come today…tomorrow is too risky. My friend is on her way to KC where they will load our truck with supplies and head down to Joplin. Poor folks down there are getting storms again today. Again a reminder if you want ot help out please donate to Convoy of Hope. They are actually based out of Springfield Mo…just a half hour from Joplin. Trucks are already there but they need so much!</p>