Totally Suprised

<p>I got my acceptance letter for UM today. I applied RD but they notified me so early and I am so surprised. I am estatic now I have to chose between UF and UM. I applied to some other colleges out-of-state (Im a Floridian) but my decision will more than likely be between UF and UM. Did any other RD applicant else get their acceptance letter this early?</p>

<p>I got mine today as well - I was very surprised. When I saw something from UM in the mail I thought it was housing info. or something like that because last I checked RD decisions weren't mailed 'till way later. I opened it and found out that I had gotten accepted.</p>

<p>Congratulations ;)</p>

<p>Thanks! Congrats on your acceptance as well. I wonder if any out-of-state applicants were given their decision.</p>

<p>I doubt it. I don't know though, I still think it's strange that we found out so early - I thought decisions were mailed April 15th.</p>

<p>Maybe they do it as they review applications... In any case I guess we'll wait and see if anyone out of state posts</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>

<p>Will you visit again...or are you leaning one way or another?</p>

<p>Not sure who that was directed to, but I'll reply anyway - I have to wait until I find out from six other colleges and then I'll make a decision depending on where I get accepted or not. I'll probably visit again though.</p>

<p>NotTheStereotype - what college did you get accepted into?</p>

<p>Arts & Sciences</p>

<p>Nice.</p>

<p>I got into the Pre Med program in that college ;)</p>

<p>Medicine Dual Degree? Medical Scholars.... I think its called.</p>

<p>No just Pre-med.</p>

<p>I didn't apply for the dual degree program.</p>

<p>do any of you "accepteds" care to share your stats with us wannabes? I am not applying until the fall but this is so far my number 1 choice so I want to k now what I am up against and what I should be shooting for. Thankx and congrats!:)</p>

<p>i agree, please share your stats</p>

<p>i was accepted ea
OOS Male, track & xc captain, VP of youth group, internship with D.c. united
gpa:3.83
Sat: 1990
i got in and got scholarship too for like 11k.</p>

<p>StereoType and Chavez are both really good students. If you look at their previous posts you can see that they are definitely going to be on the higher end of the applicant pool.</p>

<p>Not suRprised on their admissions, just the timing. But Miami did state they would be going out middle of March, so its reasonable for an In-state applicant to have heard back.</p>

<p>Here are my stats:</p>

<p>SAT: 1990
SAT II: 570 (Math is gay), 700, 800
GPA: ~4.8 weighed, ~3.55 unweighed
Average community service
Average extra curriculars
Very much into sports, more specifically soccer (been playing for eight years both travel and club)
AP Scholar with Distinction
National Hispanic Scholar Finalist</p>

<p>Why I think I got in - Very good essays, very good teacher rec's, I'm 100% Mexican, and I made a huge improvement in grades since 9th grade.</p>

<p>i got in also</p>

<p>3.95 GPA at the time (has been bumped to a 4.0 after semester 1)
1910 SATs
ranked 25 of 269
4 years marching and jazz band 2 years baseball
good essay and good rec from teacher i have had for 4 years.
and i got the deans scholarship($16000 a year)
not that i think it made much of a difference i am hispanic(born in Venezuela, live in VA)</p>

<p>are u attrending reddrummer? what other schools did u guys apply to?</p>

<p>redrummer wehre in va do u live, i live in va as well in fairfax county and i think i will be attending u miami!</p>

<p>whooo i just got in too! i logged onto my MyUM account thing and a message popped up saying that i was accepted, a nice surprise</p>

<p>W GPA-4.3
UW GPA-4.0
class rank-1/345
i've taken all honors freshman year, AP sophomore year and IB junior and senior year( all higher level courses), have receieved straight A's all through high school
ACT-30
SAT II Math-700
Bio- 700</p>

<p>in case you were wondering</p>