touring tech

<p>Hi,
We are touring Va. Tech this week. Son is h.s. junior, interested in engineering (following in dad's footsteps), also looking at Duke, NC State and Clemson. Any tips for what to look for during a visit? We couldn't find any specific tours of the engineering school like Duke, NCSU and Clemson offer. Did we miss this somehow, as we would really like to tour the engineering school.
Pam</p>

<p>My s and I went here last summer. The engineering "tour" is not really a tour, per se, but an hour long very informative session all about each of the eng. departments. There is also a campus tour well worth going on, and, I believe, a tour/session offered by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. You do need to register for both the eng sessions, but the campus tours pretty much run on the hour. </p>

<p>Eat on campus, and walk through the eng buildings at least - maybe look in through windows. I also recommend walking through the gym/workout facilities and library.</p>

<p>Although my s was accepted and will most likely be going here, the "tour" was a bit lacking compared to those of some other schools where you actually get to walk through labs and stuff. Having said that though, the engineering open houses are the best way to get the full monty - unfortunately you missed the spring one which was April 2nd.</p>

<p>Thank you, Zimmer. I went back to the website and saw the individual program info. sessions (which my son had overlooked, big surprise), and I had him sign us up for the engineering session tomorrow. I appreciate your help and good luck to your son!</p>