Tragedy strikes the Crimson Tide family

<p>According to this video, Emily was planning to attend the University of Alabama beginning in the fall of 2014. :frowning: </p>

<p>ALLEN — Allen police say texting while driving may have led to a deadly crash that killed a 17-year-old student from Allen High School. Police say Emily Stambaugh hit a curb, struck a tree and then smashed her car into a stone wall. They believe the teen was texting and driving when she ran into a curb on Exchange Parkway, a few miles northwest of the high school. “The phone was found in close proximity to her,” said Sgt. Jon Felty, Allen police spokesman. “And we spoke with two people she had been texting to in the afternoon.”
Making this accident even more tragic is the condition of Stambaugh’s father.
“Her father is awaiting an organ transplant and his condition right now is fragile,” Felty said.</p>

<p>[Latest</a> Video - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com](<a href=“FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth”>FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth)</p>

<p>Very sad.</p>

<p>Texting and driving :(</p>

<p>Awful news, that is so sad!</p>

<p>Texting and driving is as bad as drinking and driving, too many unnecessary deaths :(</p>

<p>This is horrible. We first heard about this while at a Swim meet in the North Texas area. Reminds us all to have a heart filled talk with our loved ones about texting and driving. I did not know that she was going to Alabama next year. Would have been a freshman with my son. She was well known to her swimming peers.</p>

<p>Prayers going out to this family.</p>

<p>Did not see in the original story here in Dallas that she was intending on going to UA. So sad! It was close to home as we are just down the road from Allen. There was another tragic accident in the area on Saturday. Two high school boys were killed in another accident, 7 passangers in a small compact car that only seats 5. :(</p>

<p>Heartbreaking. </p>

<p>My son’s entire high school had to watch this video in an assembly last month; I was surprised at how hard it hit him until I looked it up and watched it myself. Pass it along–maybe it will save someone’s life.</p>

<p>[Herzog</a> Plumbs Guilt And Loss Wrought By Texting And Driving : All Tech Considered : NPR](<a href=“Herzog Plumbs Guilt And Loss Wrought By Texting And Driving : All Tech Considered : NPR”>Herzog Plumbs Guilt And Loss Wrought By Texting And Driving : All Tech Considered : NPR)</p>

<p>This is just awful BUT hopefully can be used as a wake up call for everyone.
I certainly know it is for me!
Also, I would love to see drivers using more caution and stop with the Vine clips while driving.
My heart breaks for the family.</p>

<p>And a related warning.</p>

<p>Driving when you are tired is just as bad as driving while texting or driving under the influence. Urge your kids not to make a long drive home if its too late or if they didn’t get enough sleep when they were studying for exams the night before. Waiting one extra night to get adequate sleep is far better than never making it home at all!</p>

<p>Although my son has mentioned knowing students from other schools that have said they know they have fallen asleep during their drive, I continually have to nag my son NOT to attempt to drive if he’s only had a few hours of sleep.</p>

<p>Many years ago I lost an aunt and cousin in an accident when a semi-driver fell asleep and his truck crossed the median and hit their car head on.</p>

<p>I worry about all these out of state kids trying to make long drives, especially after exam week when many pull all-nighters.</p>

<p>This happened right down the road from us. I had no idea she was going to UA. My daughter had a car accident 2weeks ago. She said her moccasin ( slipper type) got stuck on the gas, but only she knows the real story. Very sad:(</p>

<p>Last weekend my DH gave DD the biggest hug after asking her why she didn’t respond to his question in that annoyed tone (he texted her). “I was driving (duh tone) and don’t look at my phone.” I am so sad that this family were not so blessed. I pray DD continues do so, and will add “that all our children do so” to my prayer. :(</p>