Transcript question

So if applying in August should a applicant request transcripts from their HS now? Will they be sent and waiting to get attached to the application or apply first and then request transcripts from the HS?

Find out how your high school send transcripts or if you do it. Some schools send them for you and others require the applicant to send it themselves. Yes, order it now and purchase a spare copy, in case one doesn’t make it. My son mailed his in Aug.1.
Send in your SAT and AP scores now. Start working on your essays. Many students wrote them during their Senior year and had teachers/counselors proof them. Get busy so you are ahead of the 8 ball Aug. 1

@TxSker, I’d suggest requesting your HS transcript now. Some schools send them over the summer while others (like ours) send them when school resumes in August. Either way, you want to be one of the first transcripts out of the gate at your school in case there is a back log. If you’re HS is in-state, they’ll likely send it electronically, so it’s pretty quick. And yes, once TAMU receives your application, they will pair your transcript to it. They’ll create an account for you which will allow you to monitor when transcripts, test scores and the like are received and processed. Good luck.

Thanks! Two of the three essays are complete. ACT Scores already sent (waiting on June scores to see if better and will send as well), two letters of recommendation already in hand. Want to make sure he has everything done so when summer band camp starts and then school starts college application stuff is all taken care of.

Will get the transcripts ordered tonight!!

TxSker , you are doing great --exactly what you need to be doing this summer! On August 1st, you will be in good shape to submit! I have August 1st pictures of my two Aggies hitting submit a few years apart. Haha
Good luck and Gig’ em!