Transcripts and

I’m just a bit confused about when I need to have my school send my official transcript. I heard that you don’t need to send a transcript until after you are accepted. Is this true? And is it the same at CSU’s?

You can do it before and/or after.

Its usually after since students havent graduated yet when they apply and get accepted in spring.

UC’s and CSU’s usually ask for transcripts once you have accepted, enrolled and graduate HS. There are some CSU’s that want your 7th semester transcript prior to admission decisions. Also some UC’s may ask for a supplemental where you could submit your current transcripts. If the schools want a copy of your transcripts, they will notify you by email or it will be in your “to do” list in each schools web portal.

@Gumbymom so in general, prior to admission, grades are self-reported?

For the UC’s and CSU’s, yes they will base their admission decisions on your self-reported grades/classes. Once you are accepted and enroll, part of the conditions for your admission is that you send in your final transcripts to be reviewed against your self-reported grades/classes. Any discrepancies could result in your decision being rescinded.

I know that CSU Fullerton required 7th semester transcripts upon enrolling. It will vary from campus to campus. None of the UC’s asked for transcripts other than the final transcript upon enrolling. Again this could change, so always check your schools web portals once you have them setup for updates.

@Gumbymom Ok great thanks for the help