Transcripts questions

<p>hi all ,
I’m an intl from Morocco and I want to send my transcripts to University of Alabama , Should I Send Only The Original translated Documents, or should i send them to be evaluated by WES or something else ? also here in morocco there is just 3 years in high school , from grade 10 until completion , but the university requires the transcripts from 9-12 grade ,wht sould i do?
Also , I have a transcript that englobe all the years of high school? should I send it and send also the transcripts of the 9th grade , or Should I send only the 10-12 grade transcripts, or I must send each grade transcript separately ? please helpe me !! I’m Stressing :S</p>

<p>Hmmm</p>

<p>I’m not sure about the grades 10-12 issue. There are similar high schools here in the US. It’s too late to ask a rep, but maybe the Bama rep here on CC can answer.</p>

<p>We’ll get an answer, but may not be until Monday/Tuesday.</p>

<p>but in what concerns teh evaluation by WES , Do I Need It ?</p>

<p>assuming you’re going through WES, i dont think it should matter…but to be safe, get the ones from grade 9</p>

<p>SO I’ll Send The 10-12 grade because i have them all in one paper , and in the same mail i’ll put the 9th grade ones , but Just the Translated Copies , Without evaluating them by Wes !!</p>

<p>Send what u have. Bama will let u know if something else is needed. Some kids in usa grad in 3 years so not strange to only have 3 years. You have all class reqts except probably 4 yrs of english but schools are prob more lenient w/ int’ls.</p>

<p>Ok , I’ll Send the three Yrs trans, but Should I Evaluate them BY WES ?</p>

<p>Here’s what it says on the website…</p>

<p>*All academic documents submitted to the International Undergraduate Admissions Office for review must be certified, translated copies.</p>

<p>Students wishing to transfer to the University from other accredited institutions should have official, translated transcripts and a detailed syllabus sent to The University of Alabama from that institution so that evaluations of transfer credit may be completed. Such evaluations are made by the registrar of the college the student plans to enter, after the student has been officially admitted.</p>

<p>Non-native speakers of English are encouraged, but not required, to submit to the University the results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) during the application process. The University of Alabama requires a minimum score of 173 computer-based, 500 paper-based, or 61 Internet-based on the TOEFL or satisfactory completion of The University of Alabama’s English Language Institute (ELI) before students may begin an academic program. Students may apply as an ELI Conditional applicant and be approved academically and financially. These students will be required to register full-time in the ELI until they meet the TOEFL requirement or satisfactorily complete the ELI program.</p>

<p>The TOEFL bulletin of information and TOEFL registration forms are normally available at United States embassies and consulates, United States Information Agency (USIA) offices, and foundations and binational centers abroad. Arrangements to take the TOEFL should be made by contacting the following:</p>

<p>Test of English as a Foreign Language
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 </p>

<p>All new international students are given an additional English placement test at the University prior to enrollment. Students whose scores fall below the required level may be required to enroll in and pass specific non-credit English courses. Students transferring from a regionally accredited U.S. institution who are eligible to receive transfer credit for English Composition courses are not required to take the English proficiency placement examination.</p>

<p>Students lacking English proficiency may undertake intensive language study in the University of Alabama English Language Institute (ELI). For more information about the English Language Institute, contact them at the following address:*</p>

<p>Greetings from the UA Office of Undergraduate Admissions, thank you so much for your question! Here’s what we need from you: your transcript for grades 10-12, as well as the Baccalaureate for completion of secondary school. A grade of 14 is considered a “B,” so your academic average would need to be a 14 or above. The secondary credentials should be certified translated copies. A WES evaluation is required only for post secondary study. A language proficiency test, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, will also be needed. Hope this helps!</p>