Transfer Acceptance (Construction Science)

Howdy,
I have a friend applying as a transfer to TAMU with the major of construction science.
He has all of the required coursework except 1 class they want, do you think this will be a problem?
I also wanted to know if construction science is a really competitive major?

Thanks & Gig 'em

Hey, I’m not sure about if construction science is as competitive as other majors such as Mays and engineering so might be easier. My boyfriend is changing majors into it and is not having a hard time switching. I also am a transfer student and had all the classes but one and was given a post acceptance letter asking for spring grades and would reconsider acceptance after spring grades. What is your friends GPA and hours completed?

My friend got the same letter. He has 12 hours and after this semester he will have 24 hours. He has a 4.0 gpa. He has all of the required course except 1 which he will be taking over the summer. (but I know they don’t look at summer grades)

@tamuaggie He has good gpa which is what the uni wants to see, since he’s still needing one required course even after spring grades they might ask him to reapply for the spring. Miracles do happen and if he stays in contact with the admissions for construction science and explain his dilemma they might be more willing to accept summer grades for him. I was keeping in touch with my major specific advisory and was helpful, communication is key as the want someone who is a serious candidate in their school