Transfer Acceptance

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>I'm relatively new here but I enjoy reading all the insight that you guys continually provide about the great UW-Madison.</p>

<p>I am currently at UW-La Crosse and have been accepted for transfer admission for the Fall 2007 semester. So far, so good..</p>

<p>However, this semester, I've been having difficulty with both Chemistry and Spanish classes (originally wanted to go the Pre-Physician Assistant route, but am now thinking Journalism) and am not sure I can pull off the 3.00 that comprises the conditional enrollment offered to all transfer students. </p>

<p>My question is, does anybody know what UW does if a student does not achieve the required 3.0 from their 2nd semester of university studies? I've already paid my SOAR enrollment, found housing, etc.. surely they can't turn me away completely, can they? Anything known about academic probation?</p>

<p>Thanks for any insight that can be offered :)</p>

<p>First, congrats!</p>

<p>Now, my advise is don't even think about that?!! Seriously. Make certain you get your 3.0 no matter what. Beg your professors if you have to.</p>