Transfer Acceptances?

<p>Has anyone applying as a transfer found out yet? I know the date is set for tomorrow (3/1), but I was accepted last year (and had to defer my acceptance because I didn't get enough financial aid) and I actually received my letter a good 5 days before I was suppose to. Because I deferred and stayed another year at my local school I had to reapply and be accepted again this year so I was just curious if anybody has found out early. </p>

<p>Thanks and good luck to all!</p>

<p>Check the My UM they emailed out (<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/myum[/url]”>http://www.miami.edu/myum&lt;/a&gt;).</p>

<p>I got in! Had a huge letter awaiting when I logged in, so check now!</p>

<p>I checked early this morning and got in too :slight_smile: Congrats!! </p>

<p>Do you know how scholarship notifications work for transfer students? Are they suppose to be posted online along with our acceptance notice?</p>

<p>Good job!!! Was there a big thing on your page? I sent my materials in later so I won’t hear back for a while. Do you mind posting your stats??? Congratulations!!</p>

<p>Thanks! Yes when you log in the letter automatically pops up with a big banner notifying you of your acceptance. </p>

<p>I’m a sophomore at a local school so even though they have all my HS info I think this year they based everything off of my last two years:</p>

<p>GPA: 4.0 UW
Honors Classes
Phi Theta Kappa
Deans and President’s List
60 credits completed once I take my final lab over the summer
Strong letters of recommendation from guidance counselor, administrator, and professor.</p>

<p>Getting accepted as a transfer isn’t nearly as hard as the incoming freshmen have it so I’m sure you have a solid chance! If you have any questions feel free to ask, best of luck to you!</p>

<p>Wow a 4.0!! That’s incredible! I have a 3.62 and 15 credits completed 16 in progress, I hope I get in too. Even though I know I won’t get the transfer scholarship (16k/year), I hope I at least get a grant or something. If I don’t get that, I was planning on waiting to have 60 credits where I can have a good solid 3.75+ and hopefully get that scholarship! Are you for sure going there??</p>

<p>Has anyone else received their acceptance/rejection letter or notification on myUM? My status still says “Application Documents Received”.</p>

<p>I had everything submitted last week and got the acceptance letter 2 days later.</p>

<p>Do you mind telling your stats, Pedobear? I’m an international transfer student.</p>

<p>3.3 gpa. 32 credits I think. No extra cuticular stuff. Im going into the liberal arts program because I don’t have everything I need to go into the business school yet.</p>

<p>I’d just like to offer advice to anyone who hasn’t been accepted yet to call the transfer admissions office to make sure you have turned everything in and everything was filled out correctly. Unfortunately one of my forms that my college was required to fill out was incomplete and I had to resolve the issue.</p>

<p>Thanks for the advice. I’m a little concerned about how admissions is handling apps. Shouldn’t they send an email to the student if something within the application is incomplete or incorrectly filled out?</p>

<p>@geekerme One would think so. However, I can’t be sure. What I do know is that my application is now being reviewed by the admissions committee.</p>

<p>JAT0927 - You were very spot on! Turns out, I had the same issue and now I’m scrambling to fix it. One of my docs was lost and I need to resend it. Glad I made the call today…</p>

<p>Glad I could help. I only hope that we’re part of a few people that have this issue and that a lot of others don’t have this problem.</p>

<p>I’m applying as a transfer student as well. Under “documents recieved”, it says next to my college transcript “still waiting for Spring Grades”. Obviously the spring grades won’t even be available until the end of May. Does this mean that I won’t hear about my acceptance until like June, or do they not base their decision off of Spring grades?</p>

<p>To be sure I would call the admissions. With that being said, I would think that they would require you to fill out a Mid-Term Report and submit it. The Mid-Term Report requires all of your professors to fill out your grades as they are now. Then, they would make you re-submit your official final grades at the end of the semester.</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard and depending on how many credits you’ve earned, the admissions committee accepts/rejects a student based on their current college GPA. But this doesn’t mean that your spring semester grades are unimportant because they require you to submit a midterm report from your professors (look on the Common App under “School Forms”). I’m pretty sure that all decisions must be sent by April 15th for transfer students.</p>

<p>@Maggiew I was wondering if you were accepted yet because I was happily accepted today. For anyone who wants to know, my stats are as follows:</p>

<p>3.78 GPA
60 credits (After the semester is completed)
Current Institution: MCC (County College in NJ)</p>

<p>JAT0927 - Congratulations! Any scholarships? I haven’t been accepted/rejected yet. I sent my letters of recommendation about 2 months ago but myUM was updated 2 days ago saying that they haven’t received the letters of rec.</p>