Transfer Admission General Question

I’m currently a CAP student at UT Arlington who may or may not continue on to UT depending on whether I get into the major that I want. Transferring into A&M is my contingency plan, but I have a question about the requirements. Do the 24 hours of “graded, transferable coursework” include dual-credit / AP credit hours? This would make a big difference in terms of getting my decision back, as the hours I’ve completed exclusively in college does not meet the 24 hour minimum. However, I would have 46 hours if it did include dual-credit / AP credit. Some of these hours won’t be useful for the major I’d pick at TAMU (CSE), but it still technically meets the guidelines. Thanks!

Yes - most of your AP/dual credit classes should count. You may want to email the CSE department to request a review of your transcript for transferring purposes. They may or may not do it, but it’s worth a shot. It’s good to have a plan.

The AP courses for my daughter as a transfer for fall of 2014 did not count within the 24 transferable graded hours. But they do count as hours. You really need to confirm this with admissions.