Transfer admissions decision Texas a&m (fall 2015)

Hey there, I’ve recently applied to tamu for fall 2015, I was wondering generally how long it took to hear back from them, I’ve sent in all my documents and only one is still to be processed, but after that how long, generally?
Thanks in advance

I’m wondering the same thing! I’m hoping we’ll start to find out in late February, but I’m not sure. Good luck!

It should be anywhere form late February to late June depending on your major and classes completed. Usually the longer the wait the better the chances if you are right on the edge. Best of luck to you!

I applied for the summer and have already heard back from them and I got accepted! The fall transfers should hear back around anytime from
Now until the beginning of May!

Congrats! What was your major and stats if you don’t mind me asking?

Thank you! I am transferring from Blinn with 44 credits I got into the college of liberal arts with a major in philosophy GPA 3.3

I got a letter today stating to send in my spring transcript. Wondering if I am good to go or if I should still be worried.

@sb2014 what major are you applying in to? I don’t think you should be worried as long as you do well this semester. From what i’ve seen on old threads it’s happened to quite a few people, especially engineering majors. I’m nervous of that happening to me as well. How long did it take to get a decision after your app was “complete”?

I just received the same thing. I have to send in my spring grades so you’re not alone.

@blondeaggie @sb2014 did y’all have all the required hours/coursework completed? i’m worried they’ll want to see my spring grades too. i have mine completed but i had to repeat a course to meet the required grade for that class.

I’m kinda confused cause they said I didn’t have the required gpa or hours and I do but they still want to see my spring grades. I don’t know if they messed up or if that’s just the standard letter.

@blondeaggie do you have the required grades for your college/major? Also if you have any classes “in progress” that are apart of the required curriculum to transfer, then they’ll automatically ask for spring grades.

I went and saw an advisor and the advisor said my grades should be fine and I have 44 hours so I think I have the required curriculum

@blondeaggie‌ well I’m sure you’ll be fine as long as you keep your grades up! What major did you apply for?

Animal science production and then poultry science as the second option

@blondeaggie‌ maybe you could call and ask about what the letter said just to make sure they didn’t make a mistake and see if the GPA/hrs thing is a part of that letter for everyone.

Yeah I emailed my advisor to see what she says and if that doesn’t work I’m going to email or call admissions.

I applied for spring transfer in Liberal Arts (Econ) with a 3.05 for 38 hours, what do you think my chances are? I am currently taking Macro Econ, and Business Calc 1325. I am going to take Micro in the summer. Otherwise I have the right classes

Thanks

@blondeaggie‌ are some of your not transferable? on howdy in the bottom left corner on the application tab it shows a pdf tab on classes that they give credit to or what classes they have on file for your application

Hi, I applied 2/27/2015 for a BS Economics (LA), and I am wondering what my chances are on getting accepted. I have 45 credit hours and a UGPA of a 3.73. I have As in both econs and maths required for acceptance. Im currently attending TAMU-Commerce and will be switching from Accounting to Economics.

Econ 1-A
Econ 2-A
Math 1324-A
Math 1325-A
English 1301-A
English 1302-B
Acct 1-B
Acct 2-A
Gov’t 1-A
Gov’t 2-A
Art 250-C
Intro to law-A
Legal Research-A
Humanities 1301-A
History 1-A

Currently Taking:

Intro to Finance (probably finish with a B)
Intermediate Acct I (probably finish with an A)
Money and Banking (teetering between B and A)
Financial Analysis (will finish with A)
MIS 128 (will finish with A)

I didn’t have anyone write me a letter of recommendation or have any extracurricular activities listed in my application.
If accepted, what are my chances of getting some type of scholarship?
Thanks in advance.