Transfer Admissions!

<p>I applied for Fall 2012 back in March. Is it normal for them to not make an admissions decision until they receive my final grades? Like, I have a friend who applied to UT, and found out a month ago while the spring semester was still in session at our local college. I thought most colleges/universities, if not all make an admissions decision as soon as possible, but still require the final grades for enrollment purposes, etc.? </p>

<p>I won't be able to find out until early June if I were accepted to TCU. Have other transfer students dealt with this? Like, I would have liked to have found out my admissions decision to TCU like my other friends did with their respective college/university. I know I would still have had to send in my final grades.</p>

<p>Could TCU's reasoning be that they want to see if I can handle my math course work like I did other semesters this past year where I made A's? I applied with Engineering as my first choice. Could TCU just be really competitive, and they are just unsure about accepting me, and want to see my final grades first? I had my professor write me a letter of recommendation. I was an average student until I met him last year, and my grades skyrocketed (he's a good teacher) to where I am above average now. </p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>That’s strange. I applied to TCU with only 17 completed units at the time I submitted my application and I was admitted like 2 weeks later.</p>

<p>I know, it is quite strange. I am just wondering if they single out certain students? Or, perhaps, whomever is handling my admissions application does not know what they are doing? I hate to sound rude, but I think it’s unfair that I am having to wait this long while others did not.</p>

<p>I plan on applying for transfer admissions in the fall of 2013, and I was wondering how difficult it is to get in as a transfer student. I will have over 24 hours completed so I won’t need to send in my high school transcript or SAT scores.</p>

<p>I’m in the transfer admissions boat as well. I applied mid june and apparently a decision is in the mail as I’m typing this.</p>