Transfer Advice

I am going to apply to transfer to A&M for the Fall 2020. I am a Political Science Major, and have already started taking the required coursework for the main campus. I am at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. I will have 18 credit hours at the end of the semester, and I know they want 24. How would my chances be for them to even ask for my spring grades?. I really want to be in the Corps of Cadets and the Band.

1. Meet with an admission counselor in a Prospective Student Center. Bring your current transcript during the appointment.
  2. Follow the Transfer Course Sheets
  3. Apply early
  4. Keep your grades up A’s&B’s
  5. Stay focus on the goal, be positive and be patient.

My daughter transferred to A&M this Fall. The prospective advisor appointment was very helpful to confirm we was on the right track.

Many students don’t have the required courses or credits when they apply. They may deter you but you’ll get a shot. Maybe put in for summer transfer vs fall.

If you are short on hours and need this semester to qualify for transfer status they will more than likely request your transcript at the end of your semester to confirm that your GPA is still withstanding.

Will it affect your chances? Maybe - but I would doubt it would weigh too heavily on their final decision unless you Really did poorly.