Transfer Applicant for Spring 2017

Hey guys, I initially applied for Binghamton as a senior but unfortunately was waitlisted/rejected after awhile. I wanted to apply again because Bing & Stony are my top choices and my current university has been a terrible experience for me so far, tbh (It’s another SUNY if that matters).

I’m in honors courses/program at my current uni, and I’m doing pretty well grades-wise right now.
I don’t know my GPA yet, unfortunately, but I know I’m probably going to do well based on quizzes/assignments so far.
In HS, my GPA was a 4.0 UW and a bit higher for weighted (APs are the best am I right??)
This semester I’m taking 16 credits, but I transferred about 23 credits (So once I complete this semester, I don’t need to submit ACT/SAT/HS Scores, right?).

I’ll be going in for Watson’s School of Engineering as a Computer Science & Applied Mathematics major. I’m a white female if that matters at all.

Some highlights during my first semester at uni include:

• Accepted into a leadership program aimed at improving your skills around peers and faculty
  • Running for Senator, representing First-Year Freshmen/Transfers
  • I’ve been assisting the Dean with organizational work and their honors website
  • Member of a Business Leader Organization and Pride Alliance
  • Internship with the student government
  • Thinking of rushing a pre-professional org, but I’m not sure how universities would view this

It’s been hard getting involved as a freshmen, though.

But here are some accomplishments overall:

• Started up the first robotics team and club at my high school, president for 2 years, and won several awards
  • Virtual Enterprise International Alumni and held a significant position in the company. Also won several awards
  • Secretary of SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Acceptance)
  • Three consecutive years in NHS and one year in NAHS (both required 50 hours of volunteer work)
  • Tour guide at my high school
  • Top 5% of graduating class in Brooklyn, NY HS

Courses I’m taking atm include Honors Physics, Literature&Film, Calculus, Intro to Comp Sci, Seminar, and corresponding labs.

I’m not really sure what to work on, I think my ACT score ruined it for me senior year (27), and also mental illness indirectly.

I might of forgot information and I know this is a mess, but I would like to know how transferring to Bing would be and if it’s even possible for me.

Does anyone know how long they take to make a decision? fall 2017 applicant

Im sure you’ll get an acceptance soon. I was in the same situation (rejected as a senior). I got accepted to days ago for spring and I have mucchh lower stats than you. The school of engineering is more competitive though so keep your GPA up. And I called them a while ago and admissions said to send in the high school transcript and act/sat as a good measure

@gabigurl124 when did binghamton receive all the requirements? they got my last thing today so I’m trying to figure out when I should hear back by.

By the time they got all my stuff, the last thing I has to send was my hs transcript cause i forgot about it, it was the 26th and I heard back last Thursday the 13th. It was a fast response but I think thats in part because I sent in the SUNY application at the end of August.

I applied mid september and had my mid semester progress report by october 12, I’ve heard we get notified by mid november, so we should be hearing back within a couple weeks!
Highschool Stats:
92.7 GPA
1810 combined SAT
28 ACT
lots of extracurriculars
accepted to bing through the program where you live at bing but take classes at the community college but did not register for the program and I am currently enrolled at a private school.

Freshman Fall Semester Stats:
20 transfer credits
taking 17 credits
3.4 GPA
Pre-med
working part time 14 hours
member of Tri-Beta

I got accepted today! I submitted the Common App last monday 10/10 and my transcript was recieved this monday 10/17.
I’m a freshman in college and got accepted last year as a senior.
ACT - 30
SAT - 1890
GPA - about a 93 unweighted, about 96 weighted
a mix of high school extracurriculars and what I’ve been up to this semester
I submitted an essay but no recommendations.

Do you get an email when your decision is ready? Or just keep looking at the status?

They email you telling you there’s been an update to your application

Did they ask you for your midterm grades?

No they didn’t

what were your stats? I’ve had all of my information in since October 12 and I’m starting to get nervous :frowning:

Did you get accepted??