Transfer Application

@charlottelol1‌ I used to live near Miami. I love the city. I like the programs at UM. And I’ve heard the faculty for my major is super. Yea I applied to FIU, GWU, UVA and NYU

Have you heard back from any? What’s your first choice? @colombian10‌

@charlottelol1‌ Nope won’t hear back til May from any of those. First choice would probably be NYU but it all really depends who gives me the best financial aid

@colombian10‌ have you heard back yet? I haven’t :frowning:

From Miami, I mean. @colombian10‌

@charlottelol1‌ nope, nothing. This wait sucks!!

@Colombian10 on CaneLink, after logging in, go to the “Student Center,” and under “Communication Center” in the student center, check your messages. That’s how I knew I was admitted. Let me know.

@Colombian10 if you have any questions, feel free to call the undergraduate admissions office during business hours. The admissions officers are really nice and helpful!

GO UM!

@Transfer023 @SouthernGent @GeorgiaPeach1996 are you three definitely going?? and @amamonal @kingclan @JT5956 any updates on your status? good luck!

on CaneLink, after logging in, go to the “Student Center,” and under “Communication Center” in the student center, check your messages. That’s how I knew I was admitted. @KingClan @amamonal @JT5956 just so you know :slight_smile:

@charlottelol1‌ that’s awesome congrats!!

did you look?? @Colombian10 You applied before me, so you should see a decision if you’re in the right spot on the website! and thank you!!

Yea I check there everyday hahah nothing yet! Maybe it’s a bad sign -.- @charlottelol1‌

@charlottelol1‌ yes I’m going there for sure… Are you? And congrats on the acceptance! :slight_smile:

Nah, I wouldn’t worry. You still only applied like, three weeks ago. Regular decision for freshmen went out today, and are going out Monday and Tuesday as well, so admissions officers are probably swamped. I asked admissions today, before I knew that I was accepted, when I’ll hear back if everything was postmarked by March 1st, and they said in the next week and a half. So, that’s when I’d expect a decision if I were you. You have a 3.5, so you should be good, as long as you have good recommendations, wrote a decent essay, have some college extracurriculars, and don’t have a felony on your record, haha.

@Colombian10

Thank you! Not sure yet, I’m visiting Monday! Are you a guy or a girl? Sorry, can’t tell by your username hahaha @Transfer023

@charlottelol1‌ that makes me feel a little better lol I’m pretty sure my essay was good, had various professors read it and they all thought it was definitely going to stand out. How excited were you when you found out!?

@charlottelol1 Im a girl, I just couldn’t think of a good username so instead I made it something relevant to my problem lol