Transfer as a sophomore?

<p>esmitty01, my school does not weight GPA's. Menomonie High School is NOT a competitive school. Sure, it has enhanced and AP classes, but it is an average school for average kids. My school's grading system makes no distinction between easy classes and hard ones. That's right--a class like phy ed or "Intro to Fashion" counts just as much as a class like AP English or advanced organic chemistry in computing the GPA! Many, if not most, students take the easiest courses possible and still get 3.5s and 3.6s. But if I had to guess, I would say my weighted (5.0 scale) GPA is about 3.8 or 3.9.</p>

<p>Also, I HAVE to send in mid-year senior grades in order for my application to still be considered. I would say I have about a 5 percent chance of getting into Madison this year. This is why I want to go to UWEC and transfer to Madison after a year.</p>

<p>why do you "HAVE" to send in your mid-year senior grades</p>

<p>esmitty01: all postponed applicants have to send in mid-year senior grades for their application to still be considered. If I don't send them in, I really will live up to my username!</p>

<p>gotcha... i forgot about that. :)</p>

<p>I think it's time for a bump. Will someone please tell me how to get in after a year (not 1.5 years)?</p>

<p>Read the UW website regarding transfer admissions- it is supposed to be easier to transfer than get in as a freshman. Remember- the school website is a source of a lot of useful information, go to it- don't expect us to do your work for you.</p>

<p>bump bump bump
Also, I want to apologize for something. I did not mean to imply that I want you guys to do the research for me. I just meant that I have been unable to find any kind of literature that talks about sophomore transfer chances.</p>

<p>They don't list them in a chart like they do fo4r freshmen, but it is easier to get in as a transfer. Go ahead and appy, you have nothing to lose, a lot to gain.</p>

<p>Wow! It's been a long time since my last bump!</p>