Transfer: Chance Please!!!

<p>I know that this is super late. But, I just applied about a week ago and wanted to know what my chances would be. I have to decide soon whether or not to sign up for housing next year here so your opinions would be highly appreciated. I'm a first semester student at UW-L.</p>

<p>Stats:
High school GPA: 3.42 unweighted
ACT: 25
EC: played volleyball for a year on JV level, track for two years in JV level, in HOSA, part of NHS
Classes: Calculus AP, Advanced Biology, Advanced Chemistry (school didn't have AP for chem or bio)</p>

<p>College GPA: 3.67 unweighted 15 credits; 5 additional from AP; taking 15 more this spring
Classes: Chemistry, Psych, History, Ethnic course
EC: Hall council, chemistry club, part of a volunteer group in the hall
Good recs and decent statements</p>

<p>Should I send in my ACT scores? would it harm me or doesn't it matter?</p>

<p>Do they request your ACT as a transfer? Your score is low so follow the rule of thumb to give them only what is asked for is my opinion. You can’t apply for UW Res Halls housing until you are accepted- then you would have an equal chance with other students in the May housing lottery. Do not sign any leases for off campus housing until you know you are going, ie you have your acceptance confirmed.</p>

<p>As long as you keep it up second semester, you should be an easy lock. Although I think most transfers come in after their 2nd year somewhere else, so I’m not sure if that will make a difference.</p>

<p>@wis75: It states that the ACT is recommended to be sent but, not required. I am still considering whether or not to send this. As for the housing issue, I was actually referring to the situation here at UWL. I need to make deposits for housing and talk to people if they want to room with me next year. So, I don’t want to leave them hanging.</p>

<p>@TheDesertFox: do you think that they aren’t going to make a decision until they get my midterm reports or something similar??</p>

<p>also i had a question. anybody know why they postponed the usual Feb 1st deadline for transfer students?</p>

<p>Here is the full article if anyone needs to see it: [Application</a> Deadline Extended for Transfer Students](<a href=“http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/news/transferAppDeadline.php]Application”>http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/news/transferAppDeadline.php)</p>

<p>should i still send in my ACT or not? anybody think i should or not? 25 on the ACT is that really bad considering 26 is like a 50% for applicants or something</p>

<p>I wonder if they have not been recieving as many transfer applications this year as they have in years past? I don’t know why else they would extend the deadline like that.</p>

<p>Note they state applications will be accepted “as long as space is available”. This means there must be fewer applicants. Re the ACT- send it if required or you think it will help your application.</p>

<p>If they are short on applicants, then does this improve my chances. Or is this school still a high reach for me. Should I go ahead and sign the housing lease here at UW-L or still hold off on it.</p>

<p>If it is university housing there should be a clause about attending UW-LC next year. If off campus- wait. There will still be places available. Of course, when in doubt, always check the fine print and call the office. Getting good grades from that campus changes you rchances from HS and your ability to do UW-Madison work.</p>

<p>I currently have my transfer app in right now as well, and I think this can only improve our chances, I mean less applications obviously means less competetion, and a higher percentage of accepted students</p>

<p>just wanted to let you know i got in…if any one was wondering</p>

<p>Congratulations! Enjoy your time there.</p>

<p>Congrats, welcome. So many students transfer nowadays, you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your first year at UW. If you’re looking for a “first year experience” (living in a dorm/residence hall) despite your late admission, there may still be options available in private residence halls (some even have transfer communities). You can also sit on the wait list with UW-Housing if that’s important to you. </p>

<p>Congrats, though. You knew you wanted to be at Madison so you did what you had to to make it here. Good work.</p>

<p>MNbadger, Im in the same boat, I am transferring and I wont be able to get a chance at getting dorm housing until my final grades come out on May 18th. Do you think I would have a shot at getting into any dorms such as ogg, sellery, witte? Im pretty rattled that it might be hard to find housing at that time.</p>