Transfer Chances from UCONN to GW

Hello!
I am now looking to transfer from my current school UCONN School of business. I understand that UCONN is considered to be a “better” school that GW in terms of business but I am not happy there. I finished my first semester with a 3.412. what are my chances of getting accepted to the GW business school with a scholarship. I have gotten moderately involved on the UConn campus. I am part of a sorority, part of hall association on campus. in high school I was really involved so I hope they will see my potential for involvement.

If anyone has insight into this or other schools I am looking at for potential Applications(Villanova, Drexel, Fordham, Boston College,Loyola Maryland) please help!

other recommendations for schools are also greatly apprecated. I want a smaller scool near a citty.

I think your acceptance chances are great, and I’m sure you’ll get non-merit-based aid. If it was merit-based you were inquiring on, unfortunately that is much more difficult to speculate on and I typically try to avoid it.

Good luck and welcome!

hey! Thanks for the reply! do you know if my chances of getting in would be better applying to enter next year as a sophomore or wait a year and apply to enter as a junior?

I would say your chances are pretty good since your gpa is within the range of most transfer students accepted. However, I would not say that the University of Connecticut’s b-school is a better business school than George Washington’s b-school. George Washington University’s business school program is a top-30 business program and its international business program ranks consistently in the top ten international business programs on USNews & World Report. I transferred to George Washington University b-school from the University of New Haven; I wanted to get an MBA from Yale SOM so my professors at UNH told me to go to GW as opposed to Uconn as it is a much better school to get you started. Not to mention, George Washington’s Business School has interdisciplinary programs with George Washington University Law School which is a top-25 law school.

@sweetthing00 I’m not sure how your chances compare between applying as a sophomore or junior. I’d personally try to transfer as a sophomore to give myself more opportunity to take advantage of all the university has to offer.