Transfer Chances

<p>I applied as a transfer for fall 2014.
First Choice Major Agribusiness and second choice Economics (Liberal Arts)
I have completed 27 hours with a gpa of 3.889
I have taken the following classes with letter grades:
Finite Math A
Macro-Economics A
Micro-Economics B
BCIS A
English 1301 A
World Geography A
Accounting 1 A
Spanish 1 A</p>

<p>I am taking the following this spring:
Calculus w/ Applications
Accounting 2
Speech
Principles of Management </p>

<p>Do I have a good chance of getting accepted without having to send in spring grades? I really am worried I wont get accepted. Thanks for the help.</p>

<p>You have a gpa of 3.889. Why would you worry? I think you are fine.</p>

<p>I am worrying because they said minimum requirements to get in these departments is calculus w/applications. I do not have it finished yet. Do you think I will have to wait to submit spring grades in to get accepted? Thanks :)</p>

<p>Sometimes they deny applicants at first but they allow spring grades to be summited for reconsideration.</p>

<p>@myrangel I think it depends on the department. You can call and talk to an admission counselor from the specific department! That’s what I did. I’m having to transfer into a major that’s really not my favorite, but it will allow me to take the courses I need to transfer into my preferred major after one semester. </p>

<p>As far as your GPA and everything, you are fine! I would just talk to your specific department and see how lenient they are about their “requirements”. Some say they care, but actually don’t. It just depends on how competitive the major is.</p>

<p>@aggieshelby I just received the update on AIS and I will be submitting in spring grades, I talked an adviser and he said I should be fine :slight_smile: @mleahkelsea Thank you, I have to send in spring grades, because my major is partnered with mays business school which is hard! But I am not losing hope! What is your major?</p>

<p>It will be Poultry Science the first semester, but I will transfer to Animal Science after that. Its realllyyyyy hard to transfer into a science major when you’re a Government major at UT. lol @myrangel</p>