Transfer Chances

I plan to transfer to GWU for fall of 2019 from UMASS and for the first semester I should have about a 3.7 gpa and 15 credits. Will I need to send my high school transcript if I do 15 more credits in the Spring (A total of 30 credits)?

First Semester 15 credits: Should have over 3.7 gpa

Second Semester 15 more credits

All the GW website says is that you don’t need to send high school transcripts for greater than 30 credits. It doesn’t specify whether that’s at the actual time of the application (dealine for fall is April 15) or at the completion of the semester. You should probably reach-out to them to make sure: gwadm@gwu.edu

If I have over 3.7 for the first semester will I have a good chance of getting in?

Yes, that’s a very good GPA for a first semester in college. I think that as long as a person’s GPA is solid (which yours is) the rest comes down to what you put in your applicaiton regarding the driver for you wanting to transfer.

Hi
I plan to transfer to GWU Elliott school of International Affairs in the fall of 2019. Currently my GPA is 3.7 and this is my last semester. I’m not involved in much extracurricular activities.I have only participated in one which was a student exchange program. I want to know what my chances are of getting accepted.

I’m currently a freshman attending Penn State and hoping to transfer to GW for the Fall 2019 semester. GW has been my dream school forever, but unfortunately I was denied my freshman year. I realized my faults in my application, and am hoping this time around I will be accepted as a Psychology major. I have a 3.63 GPA currently for my fall semester with all A’s except for one C in chemistry, which is a notoriously hard course at UP. I had a 4.0 (96) weighted GPA in high school with extracurriculars such as Student Gov, captain of varsity soccer, vice president of Italian Honor Society, member of National Honor Society, etc. I secured a Teaching Assistant position for next semester for a Psychology 100 course, got on the Dean’s List for the fall semester, I’m a member of a sustainability club, a health and wellness club, and a community service sorority. I’m extremely nervous but also extremely hopeful; there’s no place I’d rather be than Foggy Bottom.

If anyone could let me know how my chances look that would be great. Also, on the Common App in the Documents section there is an option for a ‘Personal Statement,’ is that where we respond to the prompt as to why we want to transfer?

Thank you.

@Zeezee001 If you’re at a 3.7 GPA in college right now then you have very good odds at getting accepted. Extra curriculars don’t count as much after HS.

@gwhopeful19 I think you’ve got great odd for transfer. And yes, the personal statement is you saying why you want to transfer. It’s the only real chance you get to “sell” yourself.