Transfer Chances

<p>I attend the University of North Carolina-Asheville and I am looking to transfer for the Fall 2008 semester. I am a Freshman so I just received my first semester GPA which was a 3.78 after taking 18 credit hours. My high school stats sort of sucked. I had a 3.62 weighted GPA and an 1180 on the SATs with a 640 on writing. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>I'd say you have a great shot if you can articulate your reasons for transferring well in your essay and have decent recs. They will probably disregard the SAT as your GPA is good.</p>

<p>My recommendation (for College of L&S) is apply transfer AFTER you have completed your freshman year, i.e. show at least two semesters of college grades. Otherwise, your HS records will carry a significantly more weight. </p>

<p>Put it differently, stay put, keep up your GPA for another semester and then apply for Spring or Fall 09.</p>

<p>Did you apply to UW while in HS? What's your intended major? If you aren't doing internship, perhaps spend the summer in Madison - which could really help your case.</p>

<p>i applied and got into madison after my first semester at U of M-Twin Cities and i had a 3.6 1st semester gpa but only a 3.5 high school gpa</p>