Transfer chances

<p>Let me me know what my chances are:
I'm applying for transfer for spring '09 from the University of Michigan. I have 3.09 GPA and pretty weak ECAs. I got accepted to Madison out of high school, but came here instead. I didn't write any of the optional statements this time (which I regret now) but I was hoping I would get in because I have shown to be a decent student at Michigan. Is this enough to get in? Also, how long does it take to hear back? I know they say 6 weeks but I sent in my application six weeks ago. Thanks!</p>

<p>One more thing, I am a sophomore this year - forgot to mention that</p>

<p>Part of getting accepted is making a strong case for a transfer. What would be your purpose in transferring? I see these two unis as rather similar.
Your GPA is marginal -- hard to say about your chances.</p>

<p>Inasad: I'm actually in very similar shoes of yours. I'm transferring from MSU for the Spring '09. Just out of curiosity, what major are you applying for and why are you transferring?</p>

<p>My only concern is the fact that you said you applied 6 weeks ago (did that include ALL your transcripts and what not) and you still didn't hear from them. 6 weeks is up there in terms of time/making a decision. You're making me worried. I know I didn't apply that ahead of time. I wonder when I would get my decision. </p>

<p>Best of luck!</p>

<p>glitchy, good to see someone else in my shoes. I didn't apply to a major, but I am transferring for a few reasons, mainly because it is half the price, closer to home, and I have a lot of good friends there. I've loved it everytime I've visited and it just makes more sense for me to go there. </p>

<p>As for the application, I talked to an admissions rep today and she said that once the online application status changes to the second stage (Your application is being prepared for review...) it should be 4-6 weeks until a decision is made. For me, it has been on that stage for 3 weeks now. It's been a long wait, and I'm a bit worried too, but it shouldn't be much longer. Best of luck to you!</p>