Transfer chances

<p>Alright, I'm currently a freshman at JMU, and the school isn't the ideal place for me. I was wondering what my chances are as a transfer to VT for my sophmore year. I was put on their waitlist during my senior year in HS, so I went to JMU as a backup.</p>

<p>HS STATS
GPA:3.2 unweighted
SAT: 1810 out of 2400, 1260 out of 1600</p>

<p>1st semester at JMU:
major: Biological sciences (might change to biochem if i get into VT)
GPA: 3.364
BIO 114(organisms): B+
Chem 131 lecture: A
Chem 131 lab: B
GENG 235: B
GISAT 160: B+</p>

<p>2nd semester schedule:
GCOM 123
GWRIT 103
BIO 124
MATH 220 (statistics)
chem 132 lecture
chem 132 lab</p>

<p>I realize I might lose some credits transferring into tech. But, if your going to spend money for school, you should be happy right? I know my GPA from my first semester in college is low, but do you guys think I have a legitimate shot?</p>

<p>Bump, 51 views and no answers? Nobody?</p>

<p>I would say you're looking good, but the reason nobody is answering is that it's hard to judge transfers. We're not sure what they're looking for. Good luck!</p>

<p>Do you know the average GPA for transfers into tech? Or in what ballpark should my GPA be in?</p>

<p>Depends upon the reasons for wanting to transfer to Virginia Tech. Did many students drop out after the shootings? Did applications to Virginia Tech drop?</p>

<p>No to your 2 questions. In fact they have been over enrolled in the past 2 years.</p>

<p>Well this is making needlessly nervous. So....does anybody want to read my transfer essay to see if its good enough? Or do I have to get help in the transfer section?</p>

<p>Hey I might be a little late but I'm actually in the same situation. I'm a freshman at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. I'm originally from Northern Virginia and I applied to Virginia Tech, but was wait-listed and then deferred. I'm trying to transfer as well, but I'm also applying to UVA.</p>

<p>HS GPA : 3.23
College GPA : 3.24
SAT : 1400 / 1600 , 2010 / 2400 (760 math, 640 verbal, 610 writing)
SAT II : 660 (Math 2), 660 (Chem), 740 (US History)</p>

<p>First Semester
MATH 121 (Calc I) : C
FSSY 113 (Movies and Meaning) : A
CHEM 111 (Chem for Engineers) : A
ENGR 131 (Computer Programming) : B</p>

<p>Second Semester
PHYS 121 (Physics I)
ENGR 145 (Chem of Materials)
MATH 122 (Calc II)
USSO 286 (Environment and Civic Culture)</p>

<p>I'm trying to write some kickass essays but we'll see how we do. Tech apparently accepts about 50 percent of their transfer applicants, but its a much smaller pool (about 2,000 apply, 1,000 accept, maybe 800 go). Not sure what the average GPA is (I sucked it up first semester as well).</p>

<p>Hey me too. Only instead of getting wait listed as a senior from high school I got flat out deferred because my SAT score in Math was too low. My HS GPA is 3.6 and my GPA and Radford University so far is a 4.0.</p>

<p>I'm not sure if my SAT scores are going to keep me out again this time, but I'm in Radford's Honors Academy, so I'm hoping they'll let me in... kind of scary.</p>