Transfer Credit

<p>I will be entering Alabama this coming fall as a freshman with 11 credits from a local community college (I am home schooled). I have read conflicting posts about how these courses transfer. Will the grades from the courses at community college be counted toward my UA GPA or do they count as Pass/Fail?</p>

<p>From what D printed out for us on her grades this semester the grades get reported in four categories:
Current Term, Cumulative UA, Transfer, and Overall.
I believe your status (like for Dean’s/President’s list) is based on just the UA GPA but I think when you send your transcripts upon graduation all will show -maybe Seatide or a parent with a graduated student can clarify that. Her transfer credits show as the grades she received not P/F.</p>

<p>Community college transfer credits are recorded as grades…not as P/F</p>

<p>AP credits count as Pass</p>

<p>m2ck is correct. That said, if a transferred course was graded P/F, you will get a P/F.</p>

<p>UA does list Current Term, Cumulative UA, Transfer, and Overall GPA. Only Current Term GPA is used to determine Dean’s and President’s list status, while Cumulative UA GPA is used for Latin honors at graduation.</p>

<p>We home-schooled DS; he also took several classes at our local community college: freshman comp and a math class. UA accepted all six credits from the CC. This was very helpful, as he did not have any AP credits (because of the Home-School Thing).</p>

<p>Interesting, thank you for the information! Love how active this place is compared to other specific University’s forums.</p>