Transfer decision

<p>hello, Im currently a florida resident who is interested in geology, specially petroleum geology. I have done 60+ credit hours in college, 3.89 gpa, and joined PTK, although my gpa might lower a bit since im having trouble with a physics class. </p>

<p>Here's the issue, in this state there isn't a geology program that focuses on petroleum. I was then contacted by Texas tech to study Petroleum engineering, i was told that i may qualify for scholarahips so I completed an application, but what I want is Petroleum geology. I have checked the programs at Texas A&M and it seems like they have the program that I want. Now here's my questions and choices</p>

<p>should i stay in florida and do my bachelors here and then transfer to TAMU? applied to UF and FSU for geology just in case</p>

<p>wait until summer and just apply directly to TAMU as a transfer, what are the requirements to get accepted into the geo program?</p>

<p>Or forget about P.geology and go for P.engineering at Texas tech and apply for transfer to TAMU a semester later</p>