Transfer decisions

Hi! I’m CO2022 and I applied for the Fall 2019 semester. Does anyone know when decisions will be released?

April 1 Decision Date

https://vt.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply/dates.html

Thank you!!

I believe that I read that they release decisions before April 1, with April 1st being the latest wave.

Im a transfer applicant. Hope I get in. They extended the transfer application due date. Based on a nonexistent thread for VT transfer students here they probably didn’t get many applications. Good news!! Last year the thread for transfer students was like 40 pages long…

The counsellor said April 1st everyone’s decisions will be released at 5:00pm EST

Does anyone know what exactly Tech prioritizes (ie personal statement over course history etc)? I decided to apply last minute so I won’t have all gen eds freshman there take and am worried that they’ll reject me because of it. But at the same time, I have taken classes that students wouldn’t typically take until they’re sophomores there.

I don’t know what specifically they prioritize but when I talked to admissions they told me, especially in regards to transfers, that they want to see applicants that are well rounded and don’t “go home and sleep everyday.” Essentially they don’t want applicants to feel like just because they’re in college they don’t have to participate in clubs, or volunteering, etc. It also seemed like course work that didn’t line up exactly wasn’t a huge priority as long as you complete all the required courses for your major on the roadmap. If you have not completed the required courses, they said that you can always let them know that you’ll be able to take it over the summer at a community college but you will not be able to attend the school until those courses are completed. They also mentioned that for that specific scenario conditional acceptance may be applied where they technically accept you but you have to give them proof that you have completed the course or courses with passing grades before you may attend. I will say that it’s very hard to tell how high your GPA and other extrancurriculars need to be to get in as a transfer. According to VT’s publuc data only about 50% of applicants are being offered admission every year. In all honesty, much lower than I expected. But I’ve talked with several people who transferred to VT after one year, specifically to the college of Engineering, and all of them have had GPA’s between a 3.2 and a 3.7. I would assume this would be generally higher than the required GPAs for other majors since Engineering is by far the most selective department at VT. But even for other majors, a 3.2 after 1 semester seems lower than it should be especially with a 50% acceptance rate. Anyway, heres the link to the roadmap if you need it: https://vt.edu/admissions/transfer/roadmaps.html. Good luck!

so I am taking calculus this semester which is a requirement for business but I didn’t know I wanted to transfer until after first semester so they will only see the final grade in may so I may get acceptance conditional on that grade??

They could, but they told me if your grades were good first semester they would just assume that you would keep the trend for this semester and accept you normally.

Portals will open with decisions on Monday April 1. I talked to admissions today. Some people heard early but that was a programming glitch.

I checked my portal yesterday and it said I got in, was that just a glitch or did I actually get in and they released it too early by mistake?

Yeah, it was a glitch but who ever saw it basically got in. So if you were offered admission already, you got in so you just got to wait until April 1st to officially proceed in the transfer process.