Transfer dorming

<p>I am going to attend UM as a transfer, and in order to meet people i guess I should room at school for at least 6 months before I find my own place. Are their upperclassmen apartments available at UM, or do I have to go back to the 1 room, 2 beds, chairs, community bathroom type situation?</p>

<p>P.S if anyone also has suggestions for apartments with many UM students looking for roomates I can work with that, (I have been looking online and at school site btw)</p>

<p>any suggestions help btw! lol. Does UM even have dorms for upperclassmen (witch kitchen, etc...) I feel like I have suffered the freshmen dorm life enough for one life-time, but if the university doesnt offer dorming, any suggestions?</p>

<p>There are apartments on campus but they are not all that nice, I would suggest University Village if you can get something there.</p>

<p>My daughter (freshman this year) had agreed to share a 1 BR apt. off-campus with a friend, but now wants to live on campus. If you are a female transfer student and want to share a brand-new apartment, about one block from campus, let me know asap and I will pass your information on to my daughter.</p>

<p>Transfers don't get on-campus housing anymore. Although I know someone who just called and basically begged and somehow got into Mahoney so maybe you can try that.</p>